Will KSP2 for console (PS5, XBOX) be as up to date as PC?

I do not want to  disappoint you but most likely no. Most of the updates come to PC first because the developers code new updates for PC. However they don’t translate that programming into console. They hire some other company to transfer the programming and updates from PC based to Console based. Unless Take-Two Interactive and Intercept Games have methods of transferring PC programming to Console programming quicker so that the console versions will up to date for most of the time, the console version will be behind the PC version.

Another alternative is that they could update both PC and Console at the same time. Like after they finish transferring the update to PC and Console. However this would make update processes mush more so lower and they will be many issues as more bug reports might stagger and these issues wouldn’t be resolved until much later.

And also console have there own bugs the developers need to deal and also PC. Both are different places to play games, meaning console will have bugs repeated to only console, and PC will have bugs repeated to PC.

I wish that this would happen because I am a PlayStation4 player but leaning the truth kinda sucks. I am very sorry about this news. I hope with Kerbal Space Program 2 that console and PC would be synced. That would be nice.

And also I think KSP2 will still release on PS4 and Xbox One.

I suspect it will be, or nearly so. Hiring an outside company to port your game to other platforms is a bandaid solution to the problem of designing your game for only one platform to begin with. KSP2, under Take Two's brand, has every reason to target all platforms from the beginning. I don't work in the business, but I imagine it becomes quite expensive and difficult to maintain multiple unique versions of a game under separate development teams with different release schedules and update histories and so on. It's almost certainly better to have Intercept handle all platforms themselves.

Theoretically possible. The game "Genshin impact", also made with Unity, gets updates every 6 weeks, simultaneously on all platforms (PC, IOS, Android, PS4, Switch)
In practical terms, this only works if you develop the game for all platforms from the start.

2 hours ago, runner78 said:

In practical terms, this only works if you develop the game for all platforms from the start.

I don't know if that's strictly a requirement, especially with Unity. You can easily catch up additional platforms to your leading one after the fact and then release in lockstep.

The reason a lot of companies don't do this is because consoles and iOS require certification for any update. With iOS, there is some content you can push live, but if you update your game's code, you basically have to certify it just like you would with consoles. That requires some lead times before the updates are released, which can make QA a bit more of a challenge. And then, what happens if one of the versions fails cert? Do you delay everything? Or just the platform that failed?

In contrast, PC release is a "free" opportunity to test the game. If there's a serious problem, you can release a patch within hours of discovering it. And because of similarity in hardware, most serious bugs are going to manifest across platforms. So if you catch all the bugs on PC release, you can have a much smoother release on consoles. But if you're doing that, consoles aren't even going into cert until well after the PC version of the patch released, and so you end up with significant difference in release windows.

21 minutes ago, K^2 said:

I don't know if that's strictly a requirement, especially with Unity. You can easily catch up additional platforms to your leading one after the fact and then release in lockstep.

It certainly depends on the game, but the menu and controls are often different. Genshin impact also uses asset bundles for ingame updates (events).
But what you have to consider from the beginning is the performance, if the game should also be playable on low end devices, it is better to develop it for this right from the start.
Genshin impact is, in my opinion, a good example that it succeeded, and the visually most beautiful anime-style game on the market.