IPBM(s) (Inter-Planetary Ballistic Missile(s))

The Challenge

The Kerbals are waging war against the planets!!! Why? I don't know (perhaps because of ore deficiencies)...

The Kerbals ask you to design and launch a missile that can bomb every single celestial body (including Kerbol). Each warhead+cruise stage launched MUST BE (from top to bottom):

1. Advanced Nose Cone - Type A
  2. FL-T100 Fuel Tank (fuel locked)
  3. RC-001S Remote Guidance Unit
  4. FL-T400 Fuel Tank
  5. 48-7S "Spark" Liquid Fuel Engine

DLC's are allowed, but no other mods (bar visual enhancements).

Submission Criteria

Post a screenshot of your missile in the VAB, on the pad (or in its silo), as well as some screenshots of the missile in flight and your favorite explosions/bombings. Please write the number of warheads allocated per planet/moon as a list, as well as your score. Highest score wins. In the event of a tie, most warheads sent wins. Other criteria will be used if the previous tiebreaker does not resolve the tie.

Scoring

• +5 per planet bombed
  • +1 for each warhead sent to a planet/moon after the first one
  • +25 for bombing all planets/moons
  • -100 for each kerbal sent to space aboard the missile
  • +25 for launching the missile out of a silo
  • -5 if a warhead is destroyed or lost (burned up in the atmosphere, ran out of fuel during transfer, decoupled prematurely and not on a collision course, dropped by an engineer, etc)
  • +1 for each spent rocket stage crashing into the surface of a planet/moon (excluding Kerbin)
  • -10 per KSC building destroyed (hey, we need to spend our funds on launching more missiles, not repairing facilities!!!)

I like the idea of the challenge. At the same time, however, there's a couple of things to note: first off, without some source of electricity and antenna it will be hard (impossible? -> I think so but I haven't tried) to control these missiles far away from Kerbin. Also, did you try bombing Eve with this missile? I just did (cheated the missile into low Eve orbit, gently lowered the periapse into Eve's atmosphere and started an entry burn to shed as much speed as possible when heating became problematic) and it did not survive atmospheric entry. I think the missile needs a heat shield, just like its real-life counterpart.

26 minutes ago, QF9E said:

I like the idea of the challenge. At the same time, however, there's a couple of things to note: first off, without some source of electricity and antenna it will be hard (impossible? -> I think so but I haven't tried) to control these missiles far away from Kerbin. Also, did you try bombing Eve with this missile? I just did (cheated the missile into low Eve orbit, gently lowered the periapse into Eve's atmosphere and started an entry burn to shed as much speed as possible when heating became problematic) and it did not survive atmospheric entry. I think the missile needs a heat shield, just like its real-life counterpart.

Yes, you may attach a heat shield to your missile, but jettison it before impact

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.