Weird strut glitch

Normally if bad attachment path is the issue it just attaches to the original part so if it’s selecting the target part that sounds like something else. 

Is it happening on all parts you try to strut or just certain ones? 

Any similar behaviour with anything else (like doing a double click instead of a single?) If it does it on everything might be something simple like your mouse click speed setting is too slow for example.

3 hours ago, Single stage to ocean said:

When i place the strut on its origin part, all is fine, but when i try to select another part to join the strut with, it just selects the part and detaches it, making me have to press ctrl-z and have to be unable to use struts. What is this?

The original struts are weird that way, they are wonky sometimes.

Do you know Autostruts?

If you enable Advanced Tweakables in options then you can right click at any part you want and put an autostrut that its invisible, doesn't add to the part count

and they are superior in every way.Try to use grandparent only, you can google for more info on them.

I know them and used them on the craft. Anyway, the craft is an Eve ssto, which I am quite proud of. It’s getting closer and closer to eve orbit. Just can’t reenter on full tanks, which sucks b/c this is kerbalism, where you can’t isru on eve surface, and the challenge is to be fully reusable. I send a fuel truck down, with a heatsehild, that will land with chutes, refuel the empty plane, and the fuel truck will get refueled later.

Edited by Single stage to ocean

11 minutes ago, Single stage to ocean said:

I know them and used them on the craft. Anyway, the craft is an Eve ssto, which I am quite proud of. It’s getting closer and closer to eve orbit. Just can’t reenter on full tanks, which sucks b/c this is kerbalism, where you can’t isru on eve surface, and the challenge is to be fully reusable.

Fully reusable EvE without isru?

That sounds like a difficult challenge, need to try that one, good luck.

Fully doable, and I got an idea, the Eve SSTO reenters with the ablative heatshields on the front, that are detached on landing. The heatshields have a probe core, reaction wheels(to flip them back up) and rover wheels to turn them into an eve rover. They are then used as a Kerbal shuttle for an Eve base, where they can be sent to orbit again, when I set up an Eve ISRU to refuel empty SSTO, which don't need heatshields. Get the Sandcastle mod, and I can recycle the empty heatshields, mine ore, and then 3D print more heatshields. Then send them to orbit, where any fully fueled descending craft docks to them. and lands.

And LOL I  named it Eve suborbital, thinking it would only be able to got suborbital to be suborbitally caught, but it I actually got it close to an ssto. Just some minors modifications and I get to orbit with no discarded stages

Edited by Single stage to ocean

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.