I open KSP, go into settings to set it to full screen since I just installed 1.81 KSP, and then it just gives me a black screen and it does not let me exit out of the settings menu because it is a black screen.

Hi Everyone who probably plays KSP, I have a bug where I installed KSP 1.81 fresh install with no mods, and I just open up settings to change the res and graphic options, then it just gives me a black screen and it does not let me exit, everything else works fine, but the settings menu does not. can someone help?

Black screen image

here is my GameData Folder 

Links don’t work?

Did you install via Steam? If so, right click KSP in your Steam library, click Properties, click the ‘local files’ tab in the window that opens and then ‘verify integrity of local files’. You might just have a broken installation, it happens sometimes and verifying the files can often fix it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.