hoping for automated tasks

managing a colony is.. well hard, you have to bring basic resources like fuel, water energy generators, while managing your kernels by trying to keep them alive and discovering new tasks.

so what I think we should have is automated tasks, per example, you could land a vehicle near an ice depot on the moon and refuel 2 to three time, then you could add the instructions automatically on a board computer item (maybe) and it would repeat that task every couple of days.

as for resource management, I think there should be a colony management section where you can either build scouting robots (that would only work on a 25 to 100 km radius) that do the same task as the new deep resource surveyor but on a wide range.

as for isru, I'm hoping we can run resource routes per example, along the moon, you can add a couple of way points and land/space GPS receivers to make for more precise movements, less precision would simply mean a loss in efficiency, per example loosing a quarter of resources etc, that would allow the player to explore the surface more instead of landing in a single spot.

tldr: I hope we have a more in depth resource mapping and a bit more automation to avoid repetitive tasksd_s_i_freighter_by_adamburn-d5zxp63.jpg

2 hours ago, Stratennotblitz said:

so what I think we should have is automated tasks, per example, you could land a vehicle near an ice depot on the moon and refuel 2 to three time, then you could add the instructions automatically on a board computer item (maybe) and it would repeat that task every couple of days.

Already confirmed.

2 hours ago, Stratennotblitz said:

woah that's amazing, any links I could read? been craving for new info since collisions was up!

Most sources are linked at the bottom of this post, various interviews, sneak peeks etc. But given the sheer amount of info available, it may take some time to find exact feature being talked about.

However I just noticed that links are broken so please just copy and paste them instead of clicking, until I fix it (again) <_<

Edited by The Aziz

31 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Most sources are linked at the bottom of this post, various interviews, sneak peeks etc. But given the sheer amount of info available, it may take some time to find exact feature being talked about.

However I just noticed that links are broken so please just copy and paste them instead of clicking, until I fix it (again) <_<

thank you! :)

I'm excited for the automation and regular flight routes.  My main wish is that they use the ships you brought there, and you can interact with them and the like, instead of being simulated by say just transferring fuel from a surface base to a station instantly.

3 minutes ago, GKSP said:

I'm excited for the automation and regular flight routes.  My main wish is that they use the ships you brought there, and you can interact with them and the like, instead of being simulated by say just transferring fuel from a surface base to a station instantly.

3 minutes ago, GKSP said:

yeah absolutely, I hope I can be in a rover waiting for a lander to land then receive the resources, my guess is this is how they'll do it, ksp really is next level