Looking for a mod to put logos on parts

I just looked at the reconstruction of the ISS thread, and i saw that the spacecrafts there are reproduced with an incredible level of detail, up to and including the stuff written on it. Up to, and including, having the pizza hut logo on the russian mission that had it. I'm sure there is no modded part with a pizza hut logo; this means there is some mod that would allow one to put any kind of image on their stuff.

I always wanted to put stufff on my ships - not just the logo you pick from your flags, which is what the stock flags let you use. Can someone point me to whatever mod allows that? thanks

20 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

Can someone point me to whatever mod allows that? thanks

Hey mate, you certainly can feel free to ask us stuff like this in the thread as we are very happy to answer and point peeps in the right direction!

Mecripp hit the nail on the head when recommending Conformal Decals

This allows you to put literally any sort of painted logo or decal on your craft that you want, and there are several ways to do it. My preferred technique is to take the image you want and save it as a .jpg or .png into the folder GameData/Squad/Flags, and make sure it is sized in the aspect ratio of 8/5, so for instance standard logos will be sized 256/160 pixels but as long as it is in that ratio it will work. 

Then in game you will find decal "parts" provided by Conformal Decals. Choose the Default Flag decal part and then right click and select your flag. Works like a charm :cool:

1 hour ago, lemon cup said:

Hey mate, you certainly can feel free to ask us stuff like this in the thread as we are very happy to answer and point peeps in the right direction!

Mecripp hit the nail on the head when recommending Conformal Decals

I am a bit put off by it listing a lot of dependencies, though. i worry about bugs, conflicts, and loading time.

12 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

I am a bit put off by it listing a lot of dependencies, though. i worry about bugs, conflicts, and loading time.

I hear you. I can comment a little on that: ModuleManager is a dependency of ALL mods so that is a non factor. B9PartSwitch is a very popular mod that a lot of other mods depend on reliably with no issues.

That leaves "Shabby" and "Harmony" and as far as I can tell from examining them, they are just two very small plugins that could reasonably be shoved in a plugin/patch folder, but I believe for licensing reasons the author did have to include them as separate folders. All they do is provide code functionality, they possess no parts and add no features on their own, so they are very lightweight.

Hope this helps!

Edited by lemon cup

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.