Something weird happening after downloading jnsq.

I am new to ksp. I downloaded Jnsq for better graphics but i think i did something wrong while modding. I checked the version and its correct. The loading screen is from jnsq but the main game textures didnt change. So can anyone tell me what i did wrong. Here is the message that it shows me and my gamedata folder for reference.

20211104152745-1.jpgSteam-mod.png

"I am new to ksp. I downloaded Jnsq for better graphics"

I think you are confused about what JNSQ does. It alters planets' characteristics, including the scale of the solar system, and makes the game more difficult. Depending on how new you are to KSP and how much challenge you like, it may or may not be too soon for JNSQ.

"the main game textures didnt change"

JNSQ has dependencies on other mods for graphics. It looks like you are missing Scatterer and EVE (Environmental Visual Enhancements). See the JNSQ thread for more info on dependencies. Note that if you install mods using CKAN (a free, separate program) it will help manage dependencies.

Scatterer and EVE also work without JNSQ, to get clouds, ocean waves, and lighting effects with the stock planets.

"Here is the message"

That error message says it's a TweakScale problem, not JNSQ. I've used JNSQ with and without TweakScale and they aren't dependencies of each other. It looks like you might have multiple mod installation issues, since JNSQ dependencies are missing, and something unrelated might be happening with TweakScale.

Also, what is ModuleManagerWatchDog? I don't recall seeing that folder.

Edited by DeadJohn

That's why I was thinking it had a different installation date. And yeah I think I could use Jnsq for better graphics but I also want realism.  So should I reinstall the entire game or just remove the unnecessary files? 

Edited by Firebird1cool
Response

6 hours ago, Firebird1cool said:

That's why I was thinking it had a different installation date. And yeah I think I could use Jnsq for better graphics but I also want realism.  So should I reinstall the entire game or just remove the unnecessary files? 

I suggest reinstalling, then CKAN to install mods.

If you are a very new player, I also suggest trying a mostly stock game in sandbox mode. Get comfortable flying to Mun and Minmus prefer tackling JNSQ.

If you’re really new to the game, don’t use mods. Get to grips with the stock game first, understand how things work, and then once you have a bit of experience add some mods in. All those shiny mods seem very tempting but can easily become too much too fast; my first attempts at modding KSP made it balloon out of control with too many parts to deal with and too many systems to try and understand.

Once you understand the basics, add a few mods if you want- some visual improvements e.g. EVE and scatterer, a few parts mods to plug some gaps in the stock lineup or add something new (engines, power systems, ship/base/station parts…) and some quality of life mods such as MechJeb or Bon Voyage which can make things easier- and also help you understand some of the more complex aspects of spaceflight by watching how it should be done and copying it. There are more layers you can add- part failures, life support, crew health and more- but again it’s better to ease yourself in rather than jumping in at the deep end.

JNSQ is a great planet pack and very rewarding, but it’s also more than double the scale of the stock system- orbital velocity around JNSQ Kerbin is higher than escape velocity for stock Kerbin- so is noticeably harder in terms of the delta-V needed to go anywhere. I don’t recommend jumping right into it without first getting to grips with the stock system, but once you have some experience it’s definitely worth a look.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.