Airbrake Expansion: several new specialized airbrake types (once I get all the kinks worked out.)

PlateGlassArmour

Airbrake Expansion
A new parts mod

I'm working on making a new mod for KSP and would appreciate some feedback and assistance. The idea is to give the player access to several new airbrake types that perform specific roles. I love the idea of airbrakes but the stock ones... kinda suck. They're too slow to react for a proper control surfaces and they're too fragile for a proper re-entry assist, so I decided to break them up into some new parts that each perform very well in one category rather than acting as heavy drogue chutes.

Completed:
Fast Twitch Control Airbrakes-  Very fast actuator speed, relatively small. Designed to help stop tumbling and maintain control when normal control surfaces are too cumbersome for a specific craft.

Work in progress:
Robust Airbrakes- Durable and large, these are the "dumb" approach to assisting with moderate re-entry.

Wishlist:
Smart Airbrakes- Designed to assist with extreme re-entry, they will start to retract if they near their g-force or temperature threshold. Going to require some new module coding.

Looking for feedback:
If you have any ideas about new niches for airbrakes that I haven't thought of yet, or ways to improve my current airbrakes, let me know.

Looking for help:
I'm currently struggling with "authorityLimiter" and "deployAngleLimits". Any number I enter for either of those values is being overwritten by "ctrlSurfaceRange" (or 1.5x "ctrlSurfaceRange" in the case of "deployAngleLimits".) I'm probably making some formatting error somewhere, but I can't seem to make those values play nice. Help with diagnosing the problem (or a concrete example of any mod using those values successfully) would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.