Best way to achieve a career start with X-1 and V2 technology

Wren

I have community tech tree and module manager as well as unmanned before manned and I have a few module manager configs to start with rover wheels and a battery.  Is there a good way to move entire tree nodes into the starting node so I can build a representation of a B-29 and X-1 and also a version of a V2 and start with that as well as ground vehicles where I can load the X-1 onto the B-29 as well as fuel it up?   I would need robotic parts, wheels, structure pieces as well as wings and props and it seems like I could probably do it via making each part available in start node but that would be a very long cfg file, is there a better way to do it?  Any help or angles to try would be appreciated or otherwise I guess I will have to try and find the name of all these parts and set them to be available at the start.

Procedural Parts and Procedural Wings would solve your craft building problems since you can fairly easily configure it to give you any tank or wing shape you want from the start.  You can add all the Structural parts to your start menu using something like:

@PART[*]:HAS[#category[Structural]]:FINAL
{
	%TechRequired = start
}

FINAL is kind of a tricky modifier here since you don't really know how final FINAL is, but this should force to to run after any tech tree mods. 

You can also use this same trick to throw in all the Aero category parts into the start node. 

15 hours ago, Pehvbot said:

FINAL is kind of a tricky modifier here since you don't really know how final FINAL is, but this should force to to run after any tech tree mods. 

You can also use this same trick to throw in all the Aero category parts into the start node. 

FINAL is pretty final as most mods try to avoid it as it doesn't play nice with others like if two mods both try and pur FINAL to do something to a part.

If you choose to use FINAL in your own patchs it should be fine as noone else should have used it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.