Big Bada Boom Mk1

Epsilon

[tt]What is this stupid thing?[/tt]

Got some pesky friends on the other side of the world who just won't stop sending you [glow=red,2,200]trial software[/glow]? Not capable of building/using fancy coupling devices? Terrible at just about everything? Well if you said yes to ALL of those (Please understand that I'm joking here, I had to clear that up)... then the Big Bada Boom MK1 is the acciden- I mean thing for you!

This rocket uses JUST ONE DECOUPLER. For power; the best liquid engine out there, a command pod (the explosive obviously) with a parachute for reasons you will find out later. Oh yeah and a bunch of solid rocket boosters too (can't go wrong with that).

[tt]Yeah, well what does it look like?[/tt]

screenshot8.png

The beauty on the launchpad...

screenshot11.png

ASCENDING TO SUCCESS

screenshot3.png

In its temporary orbit

screenshot4.png

After it get's low enough, it begins to reenter

screenshot5.png

Firing the engine again to pinpoint the target.

[tt]Ok...But I dunno how to fly it lul[/tt]

Steps to flight:

1) Launch (SAS doesn't matter)

2)Control is very limited, especially with the boosters on, so make sure you know where you are pitching in advance.

3) Shortly before solid rocket burnout, begin pitching over, just as you would climbing to orbit.

4)Adjust speed and pitch over until you are level at around 34,000 M. You should still be burning the liquid engine at this point.

5)You can go into a true orbit if you want to, I usually don't because it's not practical AT ALL.

6)Fire the engine if you have to to slow/drop the vehicle.

7)When you enter the atmosphere, keep the SAS off and allow the vehicle to follow it's own course.

8 ) Fire the liquid engine at full thrust to keep your speed up if you like.

9)(optional) At around 1000m off the ground, fire the decoupler and capsule parachute, this will fling the capsule back into the fuel tank, and if timed right, will break up the vehicle, creating a cluster bomb.

Quite simple really. If you know what you are doing, you can play around with it.

[tt]Oh ok then, but what do I-[/tt]

Stuff needed to build this thing:

NovaSilisko's parts

Sunday Punch's Parts 1.09

Heat Management Solutions

Excelsior Rocket Family

Optionally, you can get the bomb packs and strap them on, but I never tried that so no guarantees.

If you've been playing, you should probably have all these already.

[tt]GIMME GIMME GIMME[/tt]

Download is in the attachments.

HAVE FUN REMOVING UNWANTED TRIAL SOFTWARE!!!!

(I'm sorry if I packed a bit much into this post)

Err-uh... if people can't manage to use stock parts and use decouplers, I'm pretty sure they won't be interested in the game and/or comepletely fail at flying a rocket.

And what do you mean by trial software? Stock parts? People shouldn't even bother use mods just because they can't get a stock part-made rocket into orbit...

Err-uh... if people can't manage to use stock parts and use decouplers, I'm pretty sure they won't be interested in the game and/or comepletely fail at flying a rocket.

And what do you mean by trial software? Stock parts? People shouldn't even bother use mods just because they can't get a stock part-made rocket into orbit...

Sarcasm detector broken again?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.