SPACE STATIONS! Post your pictures here

tsunam1

Well, its hardly groundbreaking, but its a start, I suppose. I've just been trying to build a space station using a series of SSTO missions. I'll probably add an escape pod as the next module, then start adding fuel tanks and lander docking ports for interplanetary missions.

CEnV9nD.jpg

I have added Kerbal Space Station Mod to my game.

Below are a couple shots of the Mun Orbital Station Mk 5 (took me a few tries but I think I am happy with this one!!) in orbit around the Mun. The station is a single launch so first shot is the tug returning to dock after the build.

oekvGG6.png

VXTzVKV.png

Next task is to add lander for the Mun exploration, then minmus,

DDRocketsInc.

I love how almost every station on this page has Near Future or SSPP parts on it. I must contribute but unfortunately I never sent up the docking module to Horizon. Tomorrow after I land a ton of stuff on the Mun and write up a new section of mission report, I need to get that docked and post it here.

I added a fuel module to my station (I need a name for it... I called it Horizon Station, but thats just too cliche, shortly after KSS, Kir, and Kerlab). Fun story to how I added it: The fuel module was pretty big, and I couldn't reasonably get it docked with a single mission (well, I could, but this was more fun). So I put the fuel tanks into orbit on their own, on a nearly-identical orbit to the main station. I then rebuilt my shuttle, took it to the station, and stuffed the station core into the cargo bay. Then I flew the shuttle out to the refueling station and docked from there. SHUT UP, MY LOGIC IS IMPECCABLE. I also had to do it twice- the first time, I had a Clamp-O-Tron Sr. in the cargo bay, so I couldn't carry the station core. If you attach them together in vehicle construction, they stay just fine, so I assumed it'd work.

9bRUcNW.jpg9neDK6g.jpg

I added a fuel module to my station (I need a name for it... I called it Horizon Station, but thats just too cliche, shortly after KSS, Kir, and Kerlab). Fun story to how I added it: The fuel module was pretty big, and I couldn't reasonably get it docked with a single mission (well, I could, but this was more fun). So I put the fuel tanks into orbit on their own, on a nearly-identical orbit to the main station. I then rebuilt my shuttle, took it to the station, and stuffed the station core into the cargo bay. Then I flew the shuttle out to the refueling station and docked from there. SHUT UP, MY LOGIC IS IMPECCABLE. I also had to do it twice- the first time, I had a Clamp-O-Tron Sr. in the cargo bay, so I couldn't carry the station core. If you attach them together in vehicle construction, they stay just fine, so I assumed it'd work.

http://i.imgur.com/9bRUcNW.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/9neDK6g.jpg

Your logic is amazing! Good thinking sir!

Your logic is amazing! Good thinking sir!

Honestly, it was probably easier than trying to align and dock the fuel tanks on their own, due to their size. It was also a good experiment in extending and refining my shuttle design. Plus it was fun to cram a space station into the shuttle bay. I'm hoping to eventually set this up as a mining operation on the Mun and Minmus, and extend the system to other planets in the solar system. Its gonna be awhile before I build something that compares to the masterpieces people build on this forum (hence my relative inactivity), but everyone's gotta start somewhere, right?

Edited by Flyinpenguin117

I'm building a new station in a 100km orbit around keratin now. i have a mining/fuel station around minimus and a tanker already standing by. this is going to be a refueling station and the tanker is going to supply this station with fuel

image.tiff (how do you post a picture?)

Edited by Pako1-2

(how do you post a picture?)

Well, first you have to get the image uploaded on the internet, and get a url for it (the I get by quoting your message is some short of nonfunctional mess). I myself use imgur, it is free and it actually works out a bunch of link formats for you to copy-paste. Then you just put that url between %7Boption%7D[ /img] tags (I messed one up with an extra space so they show), and the forum's code will do the rest. Or grab the link with the %7Boption%7D tags on it already, of course, that also works and as I said sites like Imgur work them out for you.

Rune. Hope that works for you!

Wow! That looks sick. Is it anyway based off the ship from The Martian trailer

Wow! That looks sick. Is it anyway based off the ship from The Martian trailer

wait theres a new mars movie out there? gotta google it.

nope i just always wanted to make a station with a ring. i finally got one in orbit and took some pics to show everyone. i got inspired by some pics some other guy uploaded a few years back.

the role play idea is that this station will test the artificial gravity ring for future interplanetary missions.

What is that planet and how do I get it?

Here is my current 1.0.2 career space station named IKSS. It's main purpose is science!, I'm thinking about turning it into a refueling station.

The Link

It isn't ground breaking or such, but it isn't supposed to. Sorry for the bad quality, my game doesn't like good textures :P. This is on a modded game, just to let you know.

have three stations now:

1. Mün Science Station used for -> refueling mum lander/ storing science and sending it to kerbin

2. LKO station (still in building phase) used for -> refueling interstellar space ships/home for kerbals/testing OKS/MKS

3. LMinimusO station (still in building phase) used for -> making fuel for LKO station (transported with tanker) using karbonite and ore transformer

IaOBjh0.png?1

eZoFi7X.png?1

pEGHVQt.png?1

FcurTuD.png?1

6gnhjIa.png

hope you like it ;)

Edited by Pako1-2

Did you weld the ring at all? I love those kind of stations, but they seem pretty prohibitive on the parts count unless you do some welding or have a ring mod.