Make KSP 2 Creation Kit for modders.

So, I don't think that any special software has been given to specific modders by game companies, probably ever. If this kit is made accessible to people, anyone who uses it is considered a modder. How would you even reasonably decide which modders get the kit?

On 4/17/2022 at 5:08 PM, t_v said:

So, I don't think that any special software has been given to specific modders by game companies, probably ever. If this kit is made accessible to people, anyone who uses it is considered a modder. How would you even reasonably decide which modders get the kit?

Have you ever heard about ArmA and DayZ? Those two are created by Bohemia Interactive, and along with your Steam copy of the game, you can also download the Tools, which is a pack containing multiple pieces of software that, together with the sample material also provided by the company, allow you to create all kinds of mods for the game.

KSP2 would greatly benefit for such an approach, since it's likely going to live on for quite a few years, with the community literally carrying it 80% of it's life. Up until now, mods in KSP have been in a weird spot, either having to manually install them, or requiring the use of CKAN- yet another community supported tool- instead of properly implementing the Steam Workshop.

I'm sure we'll get Workshop mods for KSP2 this time, so I'm not worried for that, but once the game is out, Intercept should focus on providing users with curated tools that allow for an easier workflow when working on said content.

Edited by Lijazos

I completely agree, I think I just misunderstood your statement "for modders" in the context of Zozaf's post. This kit should be available to everyone, and probably as a side package that comes with the game.