Contract value and deadline visible in VAB

The title pretty much says it all. When I'm looking at my contracts in the VAB, I should be able to see how much each contract is worth and when the deadline is, so I don't have to keep exiting back to Mission Control to figure out whether adding extra capabilities to my spacecraft is the best use of time and money.

Yes, you can see what the contract is, but the original poster's correct, it doesn't show how much it's worth or the deadline.  For that  information, you must exit the VAB and pop into Mission Control.

I actually agree with Austin1, it is annoying you can't bring this up when building a rocket, having to leave the VAB just for a few seconds is something I find irritating.

Does it really matter? We don't know how the devs are going to do the progression for KSP2. All that was said was the career and science modes from KSP1 was scrapped and being replaced by their own progression system. It may include contracts, it may not. There maybe funds, there may not. (More than likely not. I'll explain below.) It may require science, it may not. We just don't know. 

The only thing that was said about the new  progression mechanics is this; there will be no game mechanic induced fail states. So no running out of funds, resources, or Kerbals for missions. 

I think this is just a specific part of a larger issue; some of the buildings are blocked behind loading screens. You can switch between VAB and SPH with a single button, but going into the tracking station needs its own loading screen, seperate from the VAB/SPH's loading screen. Be good to make things near-seamless so you can just go back to contracts to check without waiting for the game to load.

Lets have a look at the most recent VAB interface:

New-VAB-elements.jpg

At first I thought it telling that there was no link to contracts or even any indication of how much money or science you had but there’s also no obvious button for crew management. Presumably in a game where you might want to shuffle a few dozen kerbals into an interstellar colony vessel there would be some interface for crew management. My guess is these systems were still WIP as of last fall and they didn’t want to get too far our over their skiis in public screenshots. I agree with @shdwlrd though we don’t necessarily know that contracts or even money will be a part of KSP2. I fully agree though if there are time-sensitive rewards (and I think thats a great idea) there should be an easy way to see them as you plan and build your mission. 

Edited by Pthigrivi