Really Hoping for Some Detailed Post-Launch Postmortem

Something I've always loved is granular, arcane behind-the-scenes stuff, especially for movies. Director's commentaries or roundtables, for example, or long documentaries about technical or creative challenges that a studio faced during production. Stuff that exists almost entirely outside of the actual marketing, and feels like it's made purely to scratch the itch of the most dedicated of fans. One that I've been thinking a bunch about recently is the Making of Halo 2 documentary that came on a DVD in the limited edition of the game. I love that one because of how candid it is, with Bungie's employees at the time talking about how so much of Halo 2 wasn't working and how so much had to be cut or completely redone near the end, and how they weren't sure they could actually deliver on what they had promised. I don't follow enough videogame BTS stuff to know if that kind of  blunt, introspective documentary still exists in modern times for modern games, but KSP2's development has reminded me considerably of Halo 2's development (the delays, studio politics, the promise of living up to and exceeding a game that accidentally became a huge hit, etc), and I'm hoping that we'll get some unadulterated fly-on-the-wall stuff like that for KSP2. Obviously I wouldn't expect T2 to even consider letting Intercept be totally candid prior to launch, just as I'm sure Microsoft didn't want Bungie oversharing with the fans until Halo 2 finally launched. But I'm so curious on the details of what this game was supposed to have been like when the launch date was 2020, and how it changed, and why those changes have delayed it for three years so far. I find stuff like that, seeing the nuts and bolts of how people wrangle with big problems to be so deeply edifying and inspiring; after all, the greatest teacher, failure is.

Edited by whatsEJstandfor

I would absolutely adore a technically-minded making of, but Id be shocked to see any kind of personal/political/business-side blow-by-blow on the transition from Star Theory to Intercept. In my experience the technical side is very rich and illuminating, but no one likes airing dirty laundry. 

Edited by Pthigrivi