I just wanna say that im pretty new both to KSP and modding

So, I have seen people say chatterer is a really good mod and it works on the newest version of KSP. I tried to install it from ckan, from spacedock and from github and none of these worked. But for other people i see it works even on the newest version. Am i doing something wrong?

What happens instead then? Do you even see the Chatterer icon (green or red microphone) in the toolbar?
If you upload your KSP.log somewhere and post a link, we possibly could say more. I don't remember having any problems with Chatterer.

And welcome to KSP and the fun of modding.

Edited by HansAcker

6 minutes ago, HansAcker said:

What happens instead then? Do you even see the Chatterer icon (green or red microphone) in the toolbar?
If you upload your KSP.log somewhere and post a link, we possibly could say more. I don't remember having any problems with Chatterer.

Well right now I am in school so once i get back i can post a screenshot. And to your question, yes the icon doesn't appear on the toolbar and the mod doesn't work. I will send a link to my KSP.log once I get back home.

6 hours ago, HansAcker said:

Okay so here is the link to the KSP.log file and some screenshots. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EjOdOAfq8Y9TrMF8yh1caCY67ONvife-?usp=sharing The thing that isn't working is when I open KSP the microphone icon doesn't appear on the toolbar and the sounds don't appear, even though I have done the insturction for installing multiple times. As I said, I think I might be doing something wrong but I hope you can help me.

This is one of the cases where a broken mod breaks other mods ;)

The "BDArmory Weapons Extension" mod doesn't work in this version of KSP anymore and apparently was superseded  by "Next Star Industries" (also available in CKAN, although that one only claims compatibility up to KSP 1.10). It's causing all sorts of errors, only one of them is that Chatterer doesn't load.

Then there are some errors concerning "Firespitter". According to CKAN, it should be compatible but it looks like "Cormorant Aeronology 1.5.1" in your installation includes both another Firespitter DLL and an outdated version of ModuleManager. Bad form. That is very likely to break something. Its parts don't load either because of missing models.

You also have several different versions of ModuleManager 4.x in your GameData directory plus another very old version in "ModuleManager-2.7.6". That is going to be trouble, too.
Lots of missing textures, the BD Armory KSPedia files dont't seem to load and some more errors

I'd say it's time to make a clean copy, use CKAN to use the mods that are available (and don't set the "compatible version" too low), then carefully add those that are not on CKAN.

1 hour ago, HansAcker said:

This is one of the cases where a broken mod breaks other mods ;)

The "BDArmory Weapons Extension" mod doesn't work in this version of KSP anymore and apparently was superseded  by "Next Star Industries" (also available in CKAN, although that one only claims compatibility up to KSP 1.10). It's causing all sorts of errors, only one of them is that Chatterer doesn't load.

Woah :D

Thank you so much it actually worked! The best thing is that it fixed like 5 other mods which i thought were outdated. This was really helpful, especially for someone new like me. Now I will make sure to use CKAN for most of my mods ;) Thanks for the solution!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.