[0.17] The Pegasus Project

May I suggest making the shield in several parts? :D

Looks fun, I'll see if I can help in some way...

well it would be less stable then if you made it out of servral parts altough i was taking to use damned robotics and make it drploy using the mod but i wont be as sable as it was made in one piece becuas the drag probebly would rip it appart if it was build up out of servral part so the best way is actualy making 1 gaint shield or at least thats what i think is best

well it would be less stable then if you made it out of servral parts altough i was taking to use damned robotics and make it drploy using the mod but i wont be as sable as it was made in one piece becuas the drag probebly would rip it appart if it was build up out of servral part so the best way is actualy making 1 gaint shield or at least thats what i think is best

just tried this used a 4 delta wings attached to hinges riped off as soon as i got into the atmosphere, and on the subject of the docking and assembly and all, its not that the fact that it is docked makes it weak, its the pieces used to dock that are weak, i tried launching a completed version of my DUNA mission vehicle and without supports between the docking collars the same thing happened as when the were put together separately, im not sure it it would be possible but if there was a way to auto-strut between two docking collars when ever they come together then in-orbit assembly would be possible, but like i said i dont know it there is any possible way to edit a ship after it has been launched, let alone edit two ships together after they have been launched

Iv experimented using both Erkle and ORDA docking mods and have found Erkle to be unreliable during warping, so I would caution against its use. Orda warps fine, but its G threshold is barley 1 G. So building the ship seems quite doable with ORDA but only if you want your burns to be long gentle affairs

One more time:

To the best of my understanding, the final ship will not actually be composed of several craft docked together, for all of the reasons already mentioned. Rather, it will be constructed as a single craft and placed directly in orbit, before beginning its mission. This should avoid the issues with current docking mods and warping, etc.

have you guys figured out a way to stabilize docked modules? Unless what your planning on making one giant ship to be launched from KSC, I'm guessing your going to launch multiple pieces to be docked assembled in orbit. The reason i ask is i recently attempted to recreate the seven part Mars mission, and after about 3 hours real time of time accel waiting for the phase angle to get into position, my 3 part trans-planetary vehicle (thruster section, hab, and CM) turned into a wet noodle when in lit the engines for the trans-burn. It seems like the docking connection isnt strong enough to hold up to any forces other than the magic torque and light rcs's

Well ****.

Is docking for 0.18? Should I wait? I don't know any other updates possibly more important than docking, but I may be wrong.

i think speculation is that the next update will be fixes and expanding on current features, my guess is that docking will come in .2, .18 being fixes and expansion, .19 adding career, again that is just my speculation, however what you could do is send up the modules assemble them in space like you would if docking worked, but then replace with a completed non-wet noodle version of the craft, its the simplest fix and allows you to keep the "realism" in the series, the on future problem i foresee is when you need to undock a part, i would say just use the teleportation function instead of doing all the work of "cheating" the vehicle where you need it, but its seems like you can only teleport to things around kerbin, unless hogdriver or someone fixes this which i could see being a soon fix then official docking, but like i said all just speculations and suggestions

well we and just make it all in one pice then change the presistance a little bit to get it in orbit and for servral parts you use decouplers like for the space plane and then get a rendez vous in orbit and let the kerbals go so the main ship in a crew capsule and leave the space plane behind or somthing

Edited by alline1999

well we and just make it all in one pice then change the presistance a little bit to get it in orbit and for servral parts you use decouplers like for the space plane and then get a rendez vous in orbit and let the kerbals go so the main ship in a crew capsule and leave the space plane behind or somthing

Are you suggesting that I should cheat?

well it would be awsome if you did it all legit and i am not saying you have to cheat what i actualy was trying to say is if your actualy unable to get the ship in orbit you could just change the presistance to place it in orbit and just for excample to balnce it out get rid of the fuel it actualy should needed to use to get in orbit becuas you said it 90 procent of the time it wont make it to orbit so but ofcoars you can try to get in the 10 procent and get it in orbit wich actualy would be awsome but it was a suggestion if you coulnd get it into orbit