Suggestion: Save slots for color schemes in the color manager

This is a pretty low priority thing, bzut it would be nice to be able to save specific color configurations in the color manager, to reuse across multiple parts and craft files.

For example, my agency color scheme is metallic (both transparent) and I want to color code monoprop, electrical parts and other parts each with their specific highlight color. To do this, we currently have to select the same colors over and over again, which is tedious especially when coloring something different inbetween.

Having a few configurable and reusable color scheme slots would be helpful here.

Also, having the option to copy and paste a certain colour set from a part, onto another part would be great! It's very tiring to paint a certain number of parts this way, then paint some other parts in a different colour only to see that you forgot to paint some parts with the first colour. Then you have to go back and try to get that first colour again, which mostly results in having to repaint everything because you can't 100% get the previous colour again with the sliders.

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously, this is way less important than fixing the decoupling bug. But I would almost kill just to have an eyedropper tool and a way to save my favorite 10 colors.

I'd like to add to these suggestions the ability to tag hex/rgb values with the official color name it represents or one of our choosing if not officially represented by a name. It would be infinitely easier to find what you are looking for instead of trying to remember the color number value of the many possible colors a user might want to save. 

• 2 weeks later...

All good suggestions.

Being able to save "favorite" colors & color combos, copy & paste colors onto other parts, being able to see the color values, etc. I've thought all of these things every single time I'm making a new craft in the VAB. These would all be worthwhile things for the devs to implement. This would make customization so much easier and consistent!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.