Minecraft?

Hellome118

hmmmmm i think i played powder it had lots of pixels? and i play minecraft me and my cousin are playing the 1.8 beta for bug testing its really fun you should try it

you want to play 1.8 beta?

do you

i could show you

if you want

i will give it to you

poop

here

you

go

you must really want it if you came this far

congrats here you go

your almost there

i going to give it to you

this is long right

ya well im going to give it t you now have fun

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/214-want-to-play-18-early-heres-how/

Guest LoSboccacc

The internet in general is a large place, but the subset who hangs around indie games like this, and minecraft (to an extent) is pretty small.

yep. I guess there are some dwarf fortresser here, hanging around.

Guest LoSboccacc

quite weak argument. like not purchasing anything after wolfestain 3d. or ultima. or star control (or was it spacewar?)

it's a reused idea, sure, but quite beautifully executed.

i could download any one of 50 other games like minecraft that are better and around before it.

Really? Such as...?

Nihil novum sub sole, my friend. Even KSP itself has been repeatedly described here on the forums by its players as 'the Spore spaceship maker done right'.

The only game that I know of that came before Minecraft that is remotely like it was Infiniminer but by the time Notch released Minecraft it was a dead project and the source code was released public. Notch does admit drawing inspiration from it but he vastly improved on the idea. There has been many Minecraft clones though like Fortress craft for the 360.

The only game that I know of that came before Minecraft that is remotely like it was Infiniminer but by the time Notch released Minecraft it was a dead project and the source code was released public. Notch does admit drawing inspiration from it but he vastly improved on the idea. There has been many Minecraft clones though like Fortress craft for the 360.

Which is why I'm very keen for CR to give me the names of these supposed dozens of block-based games that are older and better than Minecraft. I know about Infiniminer of course, but that's just one game and come on!

infiniminer.png

...is supposed to be better than...

jolicraft_house_by_burntcustard-d3a8o3w.jpg

Give me a break.

Anyway, moving away from this sordid business and on to something hopefully a bit more agreeable, how are you finding the 1.8 update? Personally I've noticed a strange tendency for the map generator to either put me onto tiny treeless islands in the middle of the ocean or right next to sheer cliff faces and humongous rock arches. It seems it's almost impossible to generate a 'normal' map anymore.

I haven't uninstall my mods yet but I have tested 1.8 and it's buggy as hell and FPS for me even on short is like 15 compared to have 30+ in normal in 1.7.3. I guess I can upgrade tonight though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.