My vessels are under constant "acceleration" when not in warp mode

I started noticing this on my third mission to my Mun orbital base; as soon as the vessel got a stable orbit around Kerbin, I could see the Ap and Pe slowly moving, and my orbital velocity decaying at a rate of about 1-2 m/s^2 when at 0 throttle and above 70Km. When I engage time warp though, the orbit becomes stable and the Ap and Pe points do not move, but as soon as x1 time is engaged,  they start decaying again. 

Worst is, I endured this conditions to travel to the Mun, synchronize my orbit and rendezvous with the base. The constant "acceleration" made it impossible to dock with my base, that otherwise had a stable orbit. 

I have launched several times, from different save points, removing clipping parts and new parts added to the rocket since it last worked properly; but it still happens and I'm at the end of my wits. 

The game becomes unplayable under this conditions; have any of you experienced this? Is there a fix?

Thank you!

I'm having a similar problem - no throttle or engine is active, no SAS or RCS, orbit is at 400Km over Kerbin and the Pe rapidly decayed below 360Km and falling within a minute. When I try to time warp game gives me the "cannot warp under acceleration" error, when there is no source of thrust, I am beyond atmosphere across the whole orbit. Orbital drift compensation is on.

What could be the cause of this extreme phantom acceleration?

You are not alone. I have similar issues.

During transition from 100km Kerbin orbit to Jool, all of sudden, steering locks up and the "magic" starts to happen. After throttling down AND EVEN staging, thereby ditching the current engines, acceleration continues.

In addition, the camera focus of the craft is totally messed up as well. The craft is focused on a few 100m in the distance, if ever. Switching the camera angle, leaving to map or KSC does not change the behavior.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah... it does that. It's a KSP bug I believe. It's really bad. What I observed is the first time I fly a particular ship there's a chance this phantom acceleration will happen. It's more likely if you have a big save file or on interplanetary orbits... which sucks because a small orbit change throws your intercept way off. I haven't seen it with small saves, like 5 ships in flight, but it happens frequently with 50. I thought this was related to KAC "jump to ship" so I tried always going back to the Tracking Station and using the green fly button but that still has some chance it will happen. 

So what I did was always watch the AP/ PE when the ship loads and if the phantom acceleration is happening, immediately hit ESC and go to the tracking station. That stops the acceleration. Then use the green fly button to go back to it... then it's usually normal again. This still sucks because you can't undo the course change that happened before you jumped to the TS unless you load a savegame and hope it doesn't happen again... so save often and/ or do lots of correction burns.

I have not seen steering locked or camera issues with this personally... just phantom acceleration. 

I believe it has nothing to do with the ship parts or design. 

The only fix I know of is to dump the stock system and use Principia. I haven't seen this bug then... but I haven't been using it as long as stock and my save files have been smaller. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.