Structural Hardpoints on Fighter jets, what can I do?

I am currently in the works of building an F-16 Fighting falcon, and I want to give it proper hardpoints. However, I can't do so, because missiles and external fuel tanks take the hardpoints with them, which ruins looks and aerodynamics. Can anyone help me find a way to get the hardpoints to stay with the plane, and not the external components? Remember, I am on console, so it may be even more difficult to find an answer.

Edited by Doesntknowjackaboutps4ksp

I do not use the stock hardpoints when it comes to hardpoints in the sense of carrying weapons. Typically the "hardpoint" is just parts meant to visually represent it, but when it comes to attachment it is attached by some other method like the TT-38K Radial Decoupler clipped to hide as much of it in the missile, or having attach points to use a stack decoupler and then use the move tool to position them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 11:33 PM, Doesntknowjackaboutps4ksp said:

No, it does not. The pylons remain attached by the same point, and detach the same way.

Did you attach them first and then rotated them upside down with the rotate tool or did you rotate them first and then actually attach them upside down? Because that makes a difference.

11 hours ago, Doesntknowjackaboutps4ksp said:

I tried both, but it still detaches at the same point for me :(

I don't know what they are talking about, but rotating that hard points will not change how they will separate. How the separate is determined by the order they are placed with the first placement of the hardpoint being the thing it detaches from. Essentially, you will be placing your craft on your payload rather than your payload on your craft. Re-rooting will also not work as it will swap which side the hardpoint will detach from.

Quick idea:

• Create a new craft
  • Make the missile
  • Attach the hardpoint to it
  • Attach the wing you want the hardpoint to be attached to, to the hardpoint
  • Attach a fuel tank to the wing
  • Re-root the whole thing so that the fuel tank is the root part
  • Save under a meaningful name (ex. upsideDownHardpoint)
  • Load your fighter jet
  • Load the craft you saved before (ex. upsideDownHardpoint) but instead of clicking 'Load' click 'Merge'
  • You should now have a fuel tank with a wing attached to it
  • Attach the fuel tank to whatever you want
  • Detach the wing from the fuel tank and put it somewhere in the editor
  • Remove the fuel tank
  • Put the wing back on the fighter jet
  • You can now move/rotate/etc. everything to make it more aerodynamic / prettier / etc.
  • Launch, detach the hardpoints, it should work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.