Cutting throttle should stop time warp.

Like the title says I think that when you press X or whatever the "Cut Throttle" button is bound to it should kill the time warp instead of just saying "Throttle is locked while Time Warp is over 1x." This can lead to moments where you fly way past when you intended to stop your burn and lead to moments of panic as you frantically try to spam the slow time warp button in an attempt to stop your craft from going way past its mark. In KSP 1's Persistent Thrust mod it lets you just hit X as a sort of 'full stop' where it stops both time warp and your engines, and I feel like KSP 2 would benefit from similar behavior, which would also make things more user friendly and convenient.

Edited by spacemanmike

I was so used to X stopping time warp that I did not realize it was actually a feature of Kerbal Alarm Clock, rather than the game itself. I can't do without it, so I changed the key binding on KSP2. Haven't tried it while under thrust and time warp at the same time, though. Definitely wouldn't be happy if I needed a mod for something that simple.

On 3/29/2023 at 10:26 AM, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

I was so used to X stopping time warp that I did not realize it was actually a feature of Kerbal Alarm Clock, rather than the game itself. I can't do without it, so I changed the key binding on KSP2. Haven't tried it while under thrust and time warp at the same time, though. Definitely wouldn't be happy if I needed a mod for something that simple.

Huh, I thought it was actually a feature of Persistent Thrust, but, then again, the only really time I'd press X during time warp was when I was using persistent thrust. In any case I do feel like it should really be part of the base game to make things more convenient and easier to stop those longer burns!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.