What I'd like to see in KSP 0.18

AlexanderTheKerbanaut

I think the game is very awesome for it's early development but I still find things I'd like to see happen in KSP:

1. New parts (The thing I would suggest is Shock-absorbers, oxygen tanks.).

2. IVA in EVA (AKA first person view). This has been mentioned already but I'd still like to point it out.

3. More planets and more moons for Jool.

4. Labels! Yes labels! We want to be able to customize our space-craft so why not a custom label? Maybe an image file system?

5. Customizable gear for our kerbals so they would have more or less weight depending on the gear (Type of helmet aerial, space etc., RCS fuel amount, oxygen amount.).

6. As stated I also want an oxygen system! Maybe a way to make some when landed on other planets?

7. Also docking (Would be nice for deep space exploration so that you can have a mothership and a lander, I know it's coming I just want it implemented soon!).

Thank you very much for reading! If squad reads this then please take my ideas into consideration! :D

Edited by AlexanderTheKerbanaut

I think the game is very awesome for it's early development but I still find things I'd like to see happen in KSP:

1. New parts (The thing I would suggest is Shock-absorbers, oxygen tanks.).

2. IVA in EVA (AKA first person view). This has been mentioned already but I'd still like to point it out.

3. More planets and more moons for Jool.

4. Labels! Yes labels! We want to be able to customize our space-craft so why not a custom label? Maybe an image file system?

5. Customizable gear for our kerbals (Type of helmet aerial, space etc., RCS fuel amount, oxygen amount.).

6. As stated I also want an oxygen system! Maybe a way to make some when landed on other planets?

Thank you very much for reading! If squad reads this then please take my ideas into consideration! :D

1. Planned for nearly every update I'm guessing.

2. Sounds good and is an intresting idea.

3. The devs are intending to add them, just be patient.

4. Sounds good.

5. Sounds good.

6. The devs have stated that they are not adding consumables, try a mod for that.

Thanks and please read sticky posts before you post your suggestion.

Hope this helps.

1. Planned for nearly every update I'm guessing.

2. Sounds good and is an intresting idea.

3. The devs are intending to add them, just be patient.

4. Sounds good.

5. Sounds good.

6. The devs have stated that they are not adding consumables, try a mod for that.

Thanks and please read sticky posts before you post your suggestion.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to make it more fun and a REASON to get them back home when the career mode is released, because the oxygen runs out and they die, there for you have to pay for new recruits for your disasters! XD

Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to make it more fun and a REASON to get them back home when the career mode is released, because the oxygen runs out and they die, there for you have to pay for new recruits for your disasters! XD

Try the Zoxygen mod, you will find that mod is exactly what you want, it adds consumables to the game.

Thanks.

1. Cities, towns etc on kerbin (i know its planned)

2. An indicator to where the KSC is on the map

3. Bigger pods

4. Docking (I know everybody wants it)

5. Things to actually do on EVA (rock samples etc)

6. Career mode

7. Maybe like station pods that let you control your guys inside the craft

8. Maybe other launch points on kerbin as well as other planets

9. More parts

10. As you said decals and more customization options

11. Things of interest on other planets that maybe have things to figure out about them via samples or something like Olympus Mons on Mars or the red spot on Jupiter.

12. For the devs to get more attention for there fantastic work!

I have two things that I think have to be added in the next update and these are:

-Empty capsules (for resque missions, I think this will be a part of the docking)

-THE MAGNETIC HOOK! (this is something that I REALLY want, basicly you ad a magnetic hook to your rocket and when doing rendez-vous with space debris, you could go on EVA, take the hook, wich is linked to your ship with a 100 m long rope, you fly to the debris and attach the magnet to the part, you fly back and pull the debris behind your ship. Then you should be able to remotely release the magnet from the debris, making anti-debris missions way more proffesional. It would be best that you have atleast 2 hooks on your ship though, otherwise you could get problems steering.)

Stability will come nearer the time of the 1.0 release, but Squad are working hard to fix bugs as they go :)

As for the rest here, pretty much everything has already been suggested many times, or is a planned feature anyway so there really isn't a need for this thread here.

Moving :)

CrossyCriss, Squads implementation of docking just isn't finished, and from the little I have picked up here and there it should be more robust and capable than the docking add-ons, but (I hope at least) not be automated like Orda is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.