Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

screenshot5.png

screenshot17.png

Yay finally 'landed' on Gilly. Jebediah stepped out of the ship and landed with a bit of jetpack aid. Getting back on board was a little harder :D

Note to self; don't get an altitude lower then 4k around Gilly, the mountains are a bit bigger in reality, the map is showing a shrunk version.

KSP_BigCarl_RockRendezvous_zpsa4ef847e.jpg

We're here to cancel the apocalypse! (Oops, wrong movie.) That's the KSS Carl Kerman maneuvering into position to grapple an E-class impactor and brake it into orbit around Kerbin. In the background is Raywig's Rock, so named by Raywig when he scooped up a sample and climbed back up the ladder of his Prospector "lander". (It's casting that wee dot of light on the rock.)

-- Steve

01.png

docking the external tank to the constellation MPV

02.png

Docking the Dragon

03.png

Checking whether i could squeeze the Dragon between Hab and some other bit I am not quite sure what it's supposed to be used for. It fit:)

USSZS Razor underwent trials of a new Hyperangled armor... still working out some kinks, but the design is promising.

A kink in the hyper angled armor.. It sure looks like it could use ironing out of some of the last wrinkles ;-)

Kam%20the%20Kimpansee.png

Hmm don't even ask me what this is all about; Anyway I thought that it would be lovely to have Kam the Kimpanzee to test rockets instead of the Jebs and Bills, and maybe let him do some stuff by having strategically placed Kananas (guess we'd call them unripe bananas) on your rocket. I've never build a mod in my life but I might actually give it a go :)

download the Sketchup file

Today has been productive. I got the first asteroid I captured into an equatorial orbit. Preparations to send some guys there went well enough.

mvAOSkZ.png

The IEV Libra dropped its lander off at the Kerbin Spacedock and refuelled before heading off to Styx (the asteroid).

0F3rihw.png

A couple of hours later and we're here. The tug needed refuelling first before it could reach an equatorial orbit, but nevertheless, it made it.

YkF9fT9.png

FZtDpCw.png

Then we disconnected everything and Libra headed back to the Spacedock...

ivcvgIM.png

...only to crash right into the truss. The damage is substantial; Libra lost two solar panels, and the station has lost half of it's central truss.

k0bLptE.png

I'm surprised the solar panels of the station are intact, but it doesn't change anything; the station is being replaced, which is annoying because it's still relatively new, and was incomplete. A second truss has already been launched along with one of the solar panel arrays (both are improved designs).

The future of the Libra is questionable, at the moment...

As for Styx, it's now inhabited:

OSAjDTE.png

Styx Outpost, nice and cosy. 3 crew are posted here.

Now to wait for a larger asteroid to come along so I can inhabit that, too...