Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Guess what. My first IVA landing was done on what looked like a nice flat site based on pictures sent from a previous orbiter probe. Once I started my approach, I noticed I was coming down into a sea of craters. Then all hell broke lose. When I was ~2km above the ground and traveling at ~150m/s horizontally on a 45° descent plan, Mechjeb's surface information stopped working, so i had to totally eyeball the rest of my descent. After hovering above some craters for about a minute, I realized I would have to land immediately or abort the landing and ascend to orbit. Long story short, I landed on the steepest slope I have ever landed, with 15 seconds of fuel at full thrust remaining, and with my heart on my tongue.

By far the most immersive experience I've had in KSP. You guys have to try it. :)

]

I just had major Apollo 11 flashes after reading this! Your experience followed that almost beat for beat! Consider me sold, first thing .23 I am doing an IVA Mun Landing!

Another Apollo 11 mission:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/sveno73/embed/slideshow/Kebal%20Apollo%2011"></iframe>

Mods used:

- Stretchy tanks (did edit some textures to match)

- Stretchy SRB

- Procedural Fairings (did edit some textures to match)

- Mechjeb

- Some visual mods (clouds & lights for Kerbin)

Edited by sveno

Final installment in the "Delta Mark x" series I have been running. I am working on an upload tonight. I will be uploading a true orbiting version also, when it's done. It is well balanced full & empty.

moks.jpg

scratch that - I am not uploading this. I thought I could weld the parts together but I forgot you cant weld wings. Also, I just tried to weld the long fuselage aft of the passenger holds and I made a part and it clicks onto the craft but it doesn't turn green and I ran out of patience. Framerate without welding is 2-3 fps so I will not distribute it.

Edited by Guest

Muna G probe.

As I was designing the MLTV, I realized I didn't really know how many Gs a craft experienced on the surface of the Mun. So I designed the cheapest probe in existance and sent it to the Mun on the simplest rocket I could come up with. IIRC, the surface G on the Mun is 0.16

0ijQz4s.png

Ncxl6cl.png

Edited by astropapi1

I'm back!!! Now open the doors! Don't worry, the atomic engines are fine... Hey, why am I glowing? And why is the grass dead and/or on fire? And WHY do I smell leaking jet fuel, brake fluid, hydraulics, RSC, oil, and burning plastic? Wait, did I mess up the landing again?!

tDlgSOz.jpg

Edited by RocketPilot573

Been playing with my mod a bit, kind of sick of testing the damn thing and just wanted to have some fun with it.

A3SIWTE.png

Tylo (Alternis Tylo) rover. Hopefully this thing can survive 4g at the surface, let alone make it through atmo with deadly reentry.

BCsMv6m.png

Deep Impact launch. Destined to flyby Gilly (also Alternis, and a comet)

mxgEVSZ.png

The spacecraft itself. Impactor is the little thing at the front.

GOkR7ho.png

Zero hour nears, trajectory set. Impactor will hit about dead center, while the parent spacecraft will pass a few km above the hideous beast.

5MhGsZw.png

Farewell Impactor. See ya. Wouldn't wanna be ya.

WlGBPn1.png

About half a second before impact at 68.5 km/s

V0PBWos.gif

Somewhere down there, a little probe just went PAFF

Edited by NovaSilisko