[0.21.x] Kerbal Crew Manifest v0.5.5.0 Released! 0.21 Compatible!!!

vXSovereignXv

I have come across an apparent bug that I have been unable to find any information about. I have the most recent version of Crew Manifest and am running 19.1.54 on a Mac through Steam. I have a handful of mods.

My crew roster has become severely limited. That is, most Kerbals aren't showing up at all. Jeb, Bill, Bob, they are all missing. (I'm stuck with Buzz, Chadfurt, and some other random guys). I've tried uninstalling the mod but the problem remains.

Here is where I may have went wrong: I recently installed a second copy of KSP by copying the directory elsewhere on my hard disk so I could have a vanilla version. It all works absolutely fine. Does anyone have any insight as to how to resolve this issue? I just want Jeb back.

The only way Kerbals get removed from you're roster is if you enabled the Permadeath option. If you want Bill, Jeb, and Bob back you should be able to add this to your persistence file under FlightState.

CREW
{
name = Jebediah Kerman
brave = 0.5
dumb = 0.5
badS = True
state = 1
ToD = 0
idx = 0
}
CREW
{
name = Bill Kerman
brave = 0.5
dumb = 0.8
badS = False
state = 1
ToD = 0
idx = 1
}
CREW
{
name = Bob Kerman
brave = 0.3
dumb = 0.1
badS = False
state = 1
ToD = 0
idx = 2
}

What exacly this option do? At what event it remove kerbal?

I also would like to know about this.

Is it a mod?

Is it an option in the settings?

What exactly do you have to do to turn it on or turn it off?

Is it just made up?

I have a question. I have two saves, Groom Lake where I test stuff and my real game where I do permadeath, economy, no quicksaves etc. Well, pilots died at groom lake and I wasn't aware Crew Manifest permadeath worked across multiple saves. No big deal, in my CMDR Jebediah save I just go into the persistent.whatever file and set the dead pilots back to state = 0 (I think). They're back in the game, but it seems they are still unavailable on the crew roster. It shows them in red text, meaning unavailable as I understand it. So my question is how do I make them available again in my real save since I was stupid and left permadeath on while testing?

Thanks,

Conarr

The permadeath option permanently removes a Kerbal from your crew roster when they die (They will be deleted from your persistence file). The roster is checked every 0.5 seconds for Kerbals in the "RESPAWN" state. Any Kerbals in that state are deleted from the roster. The setting can be flipped on/off in the settings menu on the space center screen. The setting is enabled at the game level so all game saves would be affected if it's on.

As for making Kerbals available again, I believe that ToD has to be set to 0. I'm not sure what state is used for.

roster is checked every 0.5 seconds for Kerbals in the "RESPAWN" state. Any Kerbals in that state are deleted from the roster.

"End flight" option is "killing" them?

The permadeath option permanently removes a Kerbal from your crew roster when they die (They will be deleted from your persistence file). The roster is checked every 0.5 seconds for Kerbals in the "RESPAWN" state. Any Kerbals in that state are deleted from the roster. The setting can be flipped on/off in the settings menu on the space center screen. The setting is enabled at the game level so all game saves would be affected if it's on.

As for making Kerbals available again, I believe that ToD has to be set to 0. I'm not sure what state is used for.

Thanks Sovereign. I'll look into it. Also, sorry about your body in ME1. I really didn't mean to kill you twice, it just sorta worked out that way.

It might be stupid to ask this but, I realt don't know what the stupidity, courage and bad ass button do. Are they supposed to do anything or am I just not seeing it.

They change the Kerbal's characteristics of course. Then again, if you're not seeing any difference with your kerbals when you change their settings, then that's a bug I suppose.

I cannot find any settings in the `space centre screen` and cannot opena menu. How do you access them? Are you on 0.19?

I think the reason the icon isn't appearing on Linux is that, as Linux filesystems are case-sensitive, it's looking for the data in PluginData/crewmanifest, and the folder you distribute is called CrewManifest. I was able to fix this by copying CrewManifest to crewmanifest, but you should probably fix that in the distribution as well.

To help other Linux users, this is correct - I spent 20 minutes discovering the same bug myself...and then found the answer sitting right here. :P Specifically, the icon files have to be in "CrewManifest" and the config.xml file has to be in "crewmanifest". But having two directories is messy; instead, I suggest creating a symbolic link pointing the lowercase directory name to the existing "CamelCase" one. From the command line:

$ cd /path/to/your/KSP/PluginData
$ ln -s CrewManifest crewmanifest

Effectively, the two directories are now actually the same directory.

P.S. This is not the only mod guilty of this - I've now noticed the same thing for Haystack (in that case it doesn't break useability, though). C'mon, devs, there are OSes other than Windows out there! Kidding! We love ya!

I think you can fix this issue yourself. Under the KSP directory, you no longer put plugins into the plugin folder. Instead you go into GameData > make a folder called Crew Manifest, or whatever you want > and then make a plugins folder there. If that doesn't fix it, then I have no idea what the guys behind MechJeb did :P

I'll take a look at it tonight and see if I can get it running.

Here too, no longer work. Even trying to copy to the GameData, won't work...

Sad, because now is more important then ever, with the sit empty...

Here too, no longer work. Even trying to copy to the GameData, won't work...

Sad, because now is more important then ever, with the sit empty...

the seat is a whole new module, it will require him to add to the plugin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.