[0.21.1] HydroTech RCS Autopilot v0.5.1 (2013.8.28)

Michael Kim

Is there any information I missed about how to best utilize the RCS Thrust Info data?

What do the first & second numbers mean? Ex. Pitch down: 5.44, 0.06

What would be considered optimal or "good enough"?

They are max torque and max angular acceleration

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I seem to be having a problem with the camera. Whenever I go into camera mode, it seems to point the wrong way. I'm using the all in one pieces, and from the video I've watched, I'm not doing anything different than what is shown. Very confusing.

Only if you have infinite monopropellant. Mechjeb docking autopilot eats more mono than jeb eats snacks. :(

Only if your RCS is unbalanced and it's constantly correcting for rotation/translation errors (or if your ship is some offcenter mutant thing). Get the RCS build aid and use it - with a well built final stage and balanced RCS MJ docks with next to no mono use (if somewhat slowly).

Only if your RCS is unbalanced and it's constantly correcting for rotation/translation errors (or if your ship is some offcenter mutant thing). Get the RCS build aid and use it - with a well built final stage and balanced RCS MJ docks with next to no mono use (if somewhat slowly).

Not always true. I've perfectly balanced my RCS using Build Aid and had MJ spaz out even when I'd lost no fuel mass to imbalance it. Yes, it can be exacerbated by user error, but there are a lot of problems with MJ that won't ever get fixed if we keep blaming the people who discover the problems.

MJ's Docking Autopilot is so bad int he 0.21 version, I learned to do it manually.

I'll watch the video and check it out - though the parts are kind of loud and don't fit with the aesthetic of anything else I use.

Edited by HeadHunter67

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this has been answered before but I did some searching around and couldn't find it (I apologize if it has been answered). I assume this works in career mode and if it does, what parts of the tech tree do you have to unlock to use the parts for this mod?

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the idea that this will allow me to preset the orientation at which different crafts will dock. I seem to have the required parts in Sandbox but not in Career mode. I have been through all my researched items to see if anything new have been added that needs to be researched but cannot find any thing. What am I missing?

Many thanks.

Edited by THobson

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently not interested in maintaining HydroTech mods, until the game is in a more complete state, let's say, beta. This is not a promise though that I will come back when KSP beta comes out. However, I would still like to hold all rights of these mods in case I will.

If anyone is interested in maintaining HydroTech mods during this time, please contact me via PM.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm currently not interested in maintaining HydroTech mods, until the game is in a more complete state.

Totally understand that - but I have some good news for you and others who so miss your mod - it's real easy to get working with .23. I just got it incorporated into my .23 career and sent up a quick space station hub with the ports set up and did a functional docking shuffle between two of them with HydroTech.

In the mean time - here's the simple steps to fix the current 0.5.1 build from 2013-8-28 to work with KSP .23:

1. Go to the game data where you unzipped the HydroTech folder

2. With a text editor, add

TechRequired = fuelSystems

right above the category line in each of the 9 part files.

ie:

PART

{

name = HydroTech_DA_1m

module = Part

author = Michael Kim

scale = 1.0

node_stack_top = 0, 0.101, 0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.101, 0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

cost = 3000

TechRequired = fuelSystems

category = Utility

subcategory = 0

title = HydroTech Docking Assistance Part 1m

Easy Peasy... I have no idea if there's anything else that's 'supposed' to be done - but this made it work, and that's all I cared about for tonight :)...

PS. Thank you for a great mod Michael Kim. Space station gameplay is not worth it without this for me, as I dont have time to build and dock one module in a night, since I have an IRL career... But with this & mechjeb I dont have to quit my job to build a station - I can send up a few in a night and not deal with the repetitive unmanned parts if I dont want to! I especially love your landing assist as it allows me to burn some RCS for hover repositions instead of fuel - and until I get more arms grown, that's too many keys to hit for RCS+Fuel landing and use the mouse at the same time LOL. Thanks!

I would love to be caretaker of this, as its one of my long time favorites.....but alas, I know nothing of code =(

If there was someone willing to look after the code Id be happy to do the rest. Would also die for a shot at doing an art pass for this one =)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.