[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Awesome, do you have the soyuz one too?

For some reason I deleted it. I don't really need it, but I really like it.

That pdfs was in old Soviet pack 1.9.1. I uploaded all of it here (Mir, Soyuz, Proton and LK).

@BobCat

There's a problem with the most recent American Pack (v1.2) which causes certain parts not to load. Specifically, the parts in "Ares_2stage" and the parts in "AresV_2stage" don't load.

I tried the following:

1) separating the several parts into different parts folders,

2) changing the part file name to "part.cfg",

3) changing the model file name to "model.mu", and

4) editing the "part.cfg" file to point to "model.mu" for the mesh.

This didn't fix it.

@BobCat

There's a problem with the most recent American Pack (v1.2) which causes certain parts not to load. Specifically, the parts in "Ares_2stage" and the parts in "AresV_2stage" don't load.

I tried the following:

1) separating the several parts into different parts folders,

2) changing the part file name to "part.cfg",

3) changing the model file name to "model.mu", and

4) editing the "part.cfg" file to point to "model.mu" for the mesh.

This didn't fix it.

Let me guess. You have the American Pack folder under BobCatInd folder, like you used to. As of the latest release, this is incorrect. You need to put the AmericanPack folder into GameData. Also, make sure it's name is AmericanPack. The mod assumes models are located in a specific folder.

Progress docking

iw8iyIJ.jpg

After docking

P9MHDsZ.jpg

Mir to the Mun!!! (used Saturn V from the historic spacecraft mod, added a Fregat just in case, but didnt need it at all :P, used the 3rd stage for the TLI burn and LOI burn, still had some fuel left in it)

9bdWnh6.jpg

Edited by Cdodders

New Soyuz Features

WIP Soyuz TMA features

1. New RCS ssystem http://youtu.be/9RWHbj5Kdd4?t=0m08s

2. New textures

3. Updated models

4.Neptune panels

5. IRL parachute work http://youtu.be/9RWHbj5Kdd4?t=4m48s

6. After reentry texture change http://youtu.be/9RWHbj5Kdd4?t=3m27s

Glory to Bobcat!

P.s, what does "Descent mode" do on the capsule?

Wow, you can actually do that! Incredible. :) Is that possible to fly a "controlled descent" manually, too? Soyuz TMA has this option in case computers fail. Also, what's the "toggle burn state" button?

Edited by Guest

I keep trying to load craft files from the Soviet pack , it used to work fine but now it comes up saying all the modules are missing. I have re-installed the pack twice, and it still says no

Any suggestions to fix?

Is that possible to fly a "controlled descent" manually, too?

This manual control, but capsule orient little change. You have full control here, and if you need ballistic descent just start fast rotate capsule in Y axis.

Also, what's the "toggle burn state" button?

this testing version for "after reentry texture change". Asmi make magic plugin and you have different burn level for different peak temperature. This work amazing.

Any suggestions to fix?

Wrong instalation.

Basing on what I can see in the video, the 'descend mode' button shifts the center of mass, so that you can perform lifting reentry with FAR (which is the deffault reentry profle in real life). Previously you could only do the emergency variant, i.e. balistic reentry (with "nose" pointed retrograde and velocity vector perpendicular to heatshield, thus with no lift being produced). Am I right, BobCat?

This manual control, but capsule orient little change. You have full control here, and if you need ballistic descent just start fast rotate capsule in Y axis.

Neat, that's very realistic. It won't start spinning on it's own, though, even if you turn SAS off, right? This is what happens IRL, but I don't know if this can be done in KSP.

Also, I simply love the "burned" texture after reentry. Looks really brilliant. :)