International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit.

BobCat

Yogui isn't making the Rassvet. Oh, and the modules are ready. He PMed them to BobCat, who'll be rolling in some updates of his own, too.

First of all, Nauka has been delayed so many times, we're not actually sure if it will ever launch, so that's why it wasn't being made. Secondly, the Science Power Module was cancelled nearly 5 years ago. Any pictures you've seen of the ISS with that on it are severely outdated. Here is a picture of the ISS on orbit, as taken by the crew of the STS-132, the second to last space shuttle to dock to the station, back in 2010. The only difference is the AMS module on the S3 Truss, and the ELC-3 on the P3 Truss.

Actually, the Science Power Platform was canceled. SPMs, on the other hand, are still very possible. They're part of the OPSEK project, which may be assembled docked to ISS. Oh, and FGB-2 will most definitely launch. Just give it some time, it's already built and only needs to undergo some cleanup/repair work. Two of it's parts are already up there, with the Rassvet module. It's only a matter of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've just found a few bugs in Z1 Truss and PMed Yogui about them. Minor ones, mostly. I'm currently in (slow) process of building the ISS using the CSS, for testing purposes. So it's nearly working, should be ready for release. When an actual upload is coming is up to BobCat. If I find no real bugs with the ISS during construction, I'm gonna pester BobCat about releasing the update. I've also added an NFP-derived radiator and solar panel for the ISS (already launched the latter, but not the former. Once the former is up and deployed, I'll send it over to BobCat, too).

As far as I'm concerned, the existing ISS parts work. The updated robotic arms are rock-solid, CSS is balanced just right for ISS missions, and the parts are beautiful and work great. The only thing missing is the MBS, external stowage pallets, AMS-2 and Rassvet (the one I'm going to use is this: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/mir-docking-port/).

Edited by Guest

Hmmm this seems like a good thread to share this, if you have not seen it yet:

Completed station (37-second video):

In the future, with science nodes docked (25-second video):

Slow (1 minute 12 seconds) flyby for a closer look, before all modules were docked, but close to finished:

Playlist for the entire construction, from Zarya to Nauka and beyond:

What mods did u use?

Do u have the s5 and p5 trusses?

Nope, and I'm afraid they're not coming unless someone remakes the truss, preferably using InfernalRobotics for rotary joints. I've jure-rigged mine. BobCat said something about his own update he'll be adding, but I doubt it'd contain S5 and P5.

Guys can you help me. I have problem with module Unity. I built a rocket in VAB with Unity module on it and clicked launch. And on the launch pad I could not see stages. Tested several times with module uniity on board of the rocket and without it. And in case unity is on the rocket the stages somehow are not visible on the launch pad. Any suggestion ? Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

That is truely an awesome project! I know and appreciate your work and don't want to stress you guys, but is this nearly finished? It's a little hard to tell if you don't want to read 117 pages :-D

A little status tag in the main post would be nice!

Thx for doing this! Can't wait to rebuild this giant lookalike.

hey guys

a little question

i dont get the whole space craft i miss a very big pease like soyuz etc..

why? do i have install other mods? if yes witch

I may be wrong but I think you need BobCats Russian pack. Also the subassembly has a part (ISS SAS or something like that) that is not in the download (at least not when I downloaded it and I have had a few downloads with different computers). If you go into the subassembly .cfg file, you can delete that part and your good to go.

There's an Antares mod in the works already. But nobody is making the Rassvet (I do have one, but it's a placeholder more than anything), AFAIK. Nor the HTV, though the rocket does exist, at least.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.