International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit.

BobCat

Why don’t we set up a joint project to recreate ISS in orbit around Kerbin.

7QAvFxo.jpg

My suggestion is that a few people who can create high quality addons may share responsibility for the creation of parts for the ISS. (Like other realistic mods, 64% of thereal size)

Now it’s that

iss-modules.jpg

Current version 0.1

DOWNLOAD in SPACEPORT

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-19-x-iss-space-station-pack-ver-0-03/

If you’re addon or mod maker , and you interested this, write here in this forum.

name: John Dow

segment make: Destiny and Columbus

TESTERS NOT NEED

We have supply ships Soyuz-U, Soyuz TMA, Progress-TM, Dragon Space Craft, Buran Shuttle (Instead of NASA Space Shuttle).

Here’s the list of current mods and their makers.

Members

Name: BobCat

Segment make: Russian segment (Zvezda,Zarya FGB,) All NASA USOS Truss Segments, Harmony Node, Tranquility Node 3, Destiny, Columbus and CanadArm2, Quest , PMA.

Flag: Russia

(COMPLETE)

Name: Romfarer

Segment: CanadArm2 coding and working (SSRMS, MBS)

Flag: Norway

(COMPLETE)

Name: Devogen

Segment: Unity Node 1

Flag: Australia

(COMPLETE, NEED FIX)

Name: Yogui87

Segment: JEM (Kibo), JEM-ELM and JEM-EF (In JEM main Module), ATV

Flag: France

(COMPLETE)

Name: Tiberion

Segment: Dream Chaser

Flag: USA

(UNKNOWN)

Name: WCOLE360

Segment: MPLM

Flag: USA

(COMPLETE)

How make KSS ISS segment.

1. Open any information about your segment. Calculate 64% of the dimension and mass.

2. Make model and port them into game.

2.1 For simple cylinder part use 24side (or less) mesh.

2.2 Use photo for create texture

2.3 Use very simply collider for your parts (12 side or lees for cylinder part, and just box collider for small or simply parts.

2.4 If your real segment have IVA or EVA hatch, make interior and EVA hatch.

3. Construction.

3.1 ISS now have 2 type dock port. Russian style docking port (already use in MIR addon) and NASA style (In the Pre-Alpha, has issues as of .04).

Edited by BobCat

Thanks Bobcat :) Even if I've already seen them, it's still great :-D Do you have other pics or vids ? I can't wait for the release and it should be nice to have some more pics to wait :)

EDIT : just thought of it. Is someone making the HTV ?

Edited by Netris

Hi ive been tracking your progress since the start of the project and id just like to say well done. nut also ive found some good vids of inside the station that can be used for internal modeling:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/31825281

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/31819975

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/31815291

i would help the project myself but i can barley do anything to do with modeling but can do a bit of coding good look and i cant wait to see the end result.

This project came to my attention today, and it made my day. Unfortunately I am not a modder, so I cannot help with that aspect. But I would like to make a suggestion/request. If all docking ports could be compatible with Romfarer's docking cam mod, I would appreciate that. I did not see this mentioned on this forum before hand and was unsure if this was already mentioned.

Thanks, and if there is anyway I can help, as a non-modder, do not hesitate to ask.

This project came to my attention today, and it made my day. Unfortunately I am not a modder, so I cannot help with that aspect. But I would like to make a suggestion/request. If all docking ports could be compatible with Romfarer's docking cam mod, I would appreciate that. I did not see this mentioned on this forum before hand and was unsure if this was already mentioned.

Thanks, and if there is anyway I can help, as a non-modder, do not hesitate to ask.

Romfarer was part of this project, but then he became a dev, I'm not aware of his current state in the project, but you could ask him what his state is though, and if they are compatible.

To be honest, you probably don't need romfarer to make sure that all the docking ports are compatible with his docking cam mod. I did a simple test, I took a random docking part from spaceport that didn't have romfarers docking cam mod, added a single module of code, and then it had the docking cam. As long as the romfarer.dll is in the plugin folder, you just need to add a simple module, shorter than what I have typed in the first sentence of this post, to the part.cfg of the desired docking module. It took longer me to launch KSP that it did to implement this change.

A video demo of the JEM modules from the old thread.

Yogi, mind if I ask how that's working? is that just an animation playing or is there some automated system to retrieve the blocks and lay them down? I cant see you pressing any buttons. Your arm movement is beautiful.

@devogen: That's true , the arm is just animated.

Today after my first docking test with JEM modules, I encountered an issue I didn't think: It's impossible to dock 2 parts with exactly the same rotation. Here a pic that explain what I'm talking about:

8nd6j968o91h4gf4g.jpgKibo_-_Pressurized_Module.jpgKibo_-_Experiment_Logistics_Module_%28Pressurized_Section%29.jpgKibo_-_Exposed_Facility.jpgKibo_-_Experiment_Logistics_Module_%28Exposed_Section%29.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________PM_______________________ELM-PS___________________EF______________________ELM-ES

As you can see when I paly the animation, the payloads are deployed they're not in line with the EF, that's awful. To solve this issue, I found 2 ways:

1. Make the EF (and ELM-ES) be part of the PM module part, and make them "pop-up" with an animation.

Points for: Reduce part count, keep arm's animation deploying payload, less docking manoeuvers (I don't think docking these part is fun).

Points against: Not very realistic, PM module may be a heavy part with 3 animations (EF pop-up, ELM-ES pop-up, arm animation) and lot of vectrices.

2. Remove the payloads deployment animation from the PM part and make them "pop-up" with an animation in the EF part.

Points for: More realistic (??), keep 4 parts to dock (I don't know if it's really a good point)

Points against: Arm will only be animated to be placed in idle position (like in the screenshot), parts with multiple docking nodes (ELM-ES and PM) will need extra docking nodes parts that increase the part count.

I prefer the first solution but tell me your feelings or if you have a better idea.

Edited by Yogui87

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.