Old versions of KSP (some versions still wanted!)

xorg

• 4 weeks later...
You can download 0.90 on the KSP store. Note that sharing any version after 0.13.3 breeches the terms of the lisence.

Can the 0.18.3 Demo be added here since it is no longer current?

And who cares?? If you paid for the game then there should be no problem for them that you play an older version. I can understand sharing it publically is not a thing squad would want, but if you are a paying customer i surely doubt they would care if a friend of this person shared an older version of the game.

And about older versions.. I wonder what happened to the collection pack that squad talked about years ago, which was supposed to include every single version of KSP released.

You can play old versions if you have them, but anyone found to be sharing any paid version of KSP can have their forum and store accounts banned, and the game removed from their Steam, GoG or Amazon account.

I remember asking Maxmaps during a Squadcast a long while back (~.22), and believe he said that at some point they might consider hosting the old KSP versions downloads, thought it is certainly (and rightfully) not a priority, considering it would really only benefit a small number of players. However, I am one of those players, so I hope at some point they put them up. :rolleyes:

As for the reason why you can't share versions with people, even if they also have paid for it, really comes down to copyright law (don't take my word for it). Essentially, from what I can tell, if squad is lax about people sharing paid versions, then someone does a very large pirating scheme, which squad (or any sensible company) would want to stop, they will have a much more difficult time in court, because the pirate-er can claim that squad has not enforced their trademark/copyright (or something like that). This could at the very least negatively affect how much is awarded in damages. :confused:

Edited by Ival70
Typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just to let everyone know, I've set up a mirror for all of these previous versions. You can find them at:

Kerbaltopoia.com

I've also converted them all to the more common .zip format.

Rejoice. No more Mediafire spam when downloading them.

Use this. Period. Why?

It has an 0.6.5 dev test version.

:0.0::0.0::0.0:

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, it appears to be just a copy of 0.7.3. ;.;

• 4 weeks later...
I'd really love to try version 0.3. The GUI looks really cool on that version :)

Yeah, it's just a pity the pre-release versions were never... erm, released. There was a squadcast video with some of them a while back. I remember Maxmaps saying the altimeter on some of those versions was literally just text in Harvester's handwriting.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately 0.8.0 and up's page don't load at lest for me. Sham since I had downloaded 0.11.0 from this page a year or two back and can no longer find it on my hard drive which I should probably clean up now. But I would really like a copy if any one could help me with that. There are a few other versions I would like as well, but if I can at lest get hold of 0.11.0 for now that would be nice. I wanted to try to do a flight to the Mun with out the indicators. Since it was quite fun spending the greater part of today trying to get a some what stable orbit in 0.7.3.