[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Some may ask why are you redoing it?

1. The pod is still largely Tosh's, with some tweaks and re-texturing I did early on. I would really like this mod to be a showpiece of my own artwork, and not just my ability to tag someone else's stuff. So it got remade.

2. Also the interior I did never fully lined up with the exterior, now it lines up perfectly.

3. The original was in the wrong scale as well. Now all the parts will have their standard scale at 1:1 with no funky rescaleFactor business in the cfg.

Also Gemini is where this mod started so it gets updated first, and always will be...

Stage 1

Redoing Gemini and re-exporting all the parts so they are a consistent size and can re-use common textures. This should help with memory and performance.

Stage 2

Big G, Maned Orbital Labritory, Agena Target vehicle, and Winged Gemini.

Stage 3

Mercury capsule, Atlas launcher with proper engines and decoupler.

I also I reserve the right to change the priority and order of these items when and how I see fit.

Also Gemini is where this mod started so it gets updated first, and always will be...

Stage 1

Redoing Gemini and re-exporting all the parts so they are a consistent size and can re-use common textures. This should help with memory and performance.

Stage 2

Big G, Maned Orbital Labritory, Agena Target vehicle, and Winged Gemini.

Stage 3

Mercury capsule, Atlas launcher with proper engines and decoupler.

I also I reserve the right to change the priority and order of these items when and how I see fit.

Happy news...and for me special the stage 3!!!

Thanks!

A winged Gemini? The Paraglider Gemini? THE PARAGLIDER GEMINI??

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES.

Please oh please oh pretty please.

If you read a few posts up you would see that its not possible

Before I start modeling them I wanted to get opinions on wings for Gemini?

So after some research I found out that the glider parachute version of gemini is not real practical in KSP, not without a custom mod anyway, but with my experimentation a static winged Gemini is possible.

Frizzank, you going to put the reticule/ scale back on the windows? i found those quite useful for docking.

The window scale is for setting pitch relative to the horizon during reentry, if I remember correctly, but it does come in handy for other things. ;)

Yea i know its not meant for docking, but its very good to help line everything up.

Yes its coming back, although I was going to make it smaller so it was more like a cross-hair on a heads up display because its gradation isn't really all that useful.

HUD%20M1.jpg

Yea i know its not meant for docking, but its very good to help line everything up.

Docking is really all I use it for;)

Edited by frizzank

Comparison shots between old and new Gemini Pods

First up the new one is twice the resolution as the old one. Look Rivets!!!

Made the proportions a little better.

Next the new one will let you stack several parachutes inside the nose cone so you can use droges if you want.

I put the RCS thrusters on the pod where they belong, instead of on the nosecone.

Super wide large image!

http://i.imgur.com/l4f2JGF.jpg

R1NYe6M.jpg

k9RXw2B.jpg

Vtr7DPz.jpg

VWVRbEf.jpg

Edited by frizzank

Will this one have working retro-rockets? Just a thought, their covers are visible, but they never worked on the old model.

Um sure why not. They are probably not going to be functional in they way you want. Meaning that they will have to be manually extended and activated interdependently. Otherwise it would require a custom plugin...

When I put the RCS on the gemini main pod I get the SAS and key controles doing inverted controls when the pod has no attached parts? When it has attached parts it works normaly? The easy solution is to remove the sas on the pod, but I was wondering if any one knew a workaround?

Does the pod itself have innate RCS now, rather than adding the nose section with RCS as a separate part? I haven't had a chance to play with your new versions yet, sorry.

Yes the pod im currently working on has it attached to it. I haven't released the new version yet.

It seems to be confused as to which thrust to fire once its just the pod. Later tonight I will post it here and see if anyone can help...

retro rockets would be kinda redundant unless you rearrange the rcs as well so they can act like the real geminis OAMS and have the rear thruster act as engines

gemini1.gif

i'd love this but it seems like a lot of work for a small change

Yes the pod im currently working on has it attached to it. I haven't released the new version yet.

It seems to be confused as to which thrust to fire once its just the pod. Later tonight I will post it here and see if anyone can help...

I actually found some added value in having the "nose" section with the RCS rings a separate part, especially when using the capsule as a general control pod rather than a historically-accurate piece.

But, isn't that piece supposed to jettison as part of the parachute deployment?

I actually found some added value in having the "nose" section with the RCS rings a separate part, especially when using the capsule as a general control pod rather than a historically-accurate piece.

But, isn't that piece supposed to jettison as part of the parachute deployment?

Negative ghost rider. Pattern is full.

gemini-8-recovery2.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.