[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Tested it out. Looks and works amazing. One thing though: is it possible to make the standard eva hatch for the Kerbalnauts to be the top one. It's harder to click than the lower one and most of the time people will just want to do the walk on the walkway.

There is no way to specify which hatch they come out of, and I don't know how it picks the EVA hatch. KSP doesn't really support multiple hatches on the same vehicle.

Even switching them still spits you out the bottom. Best I can do is get rid of the one on the bottom.

I don't really mind clicking on the elevator to spit them out, but its what ever the community wants more.

Ease of use or role playing.

Edited by frizzank

Nah, it's useful. If you leave a Kerbal unattended on the crew arm, they tend to... drift. I had Bill and Bob fall a long way down, then bounce back up as only Kerbals can. I walked them to the other door at the bottom, then carried on with launch prep.

Tip for other players: Large fuel tanks will need multiple umbilical arms in order to fuel your rocket quickly, if that is a concern for you. If not, then you should be fine with one.

There are a lot of weird physics things that happened randomly on the tower. If your tower is really tall it amplifies the problems as well. Also the kerbals feet tend to sink into the collision, even on simple box collision, I was unable to completely fix it.

Also if your in a rush you can just time accelerate on the pad...

There are a lot of weird physics things that happened randomly on the tower. If your tower is really tall it amplifies the problems as well. Also the kerbals feet tend to sink into the collision, even on simple box collision, I was unable to completely fix it.

Yeah, I've had Kerbals clipping through the walkway as the rocket reaches full fuel load... I wonder if that has anything to do with the sliding, too.

Also if your in a rush you can just time accelerate on the pad...

Noted.

It works mostly but Kerbals also fall down at the end of the walkway before they reach the spacecraft hatch. Is there a way to reduce the "jettison force" on the tower? If I retract it prior to ignition and the holding clamps release it pushes the launch vehicle a bit away from the umbilicals.

Also works with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement.

Edited by Reddragon

Actually if you click on the actual door you want a Kerbal to go out of a little menu with all the Kerbals in the tower will pop up. Click EVA next to the Kerbal you want out and they will come out the correct door.

I have done this several times tonight and have been un-able to break that portion. RE sliding Kerbals, It is the same speed my ground vehicles move. Possibly no Friction when vehicle (Kerbal) is under acceleration and the sliding is the PLANETS Acceleration/velocity? They always slide the same way (Planet Rotation.)

BTW Frizzank, WOW those clamps and tower kick major butt!

OK, possible bug: Trying to flow fuel into a number of different tanks with the umbilicals, and I can't get the fuel and oxidizer to flow into you Centaur SM or the Short White tank. Both have arms attached to them directly, and the SM takes on Monoprop and electricty just fine. Any ideas?

I found a bug - when using the launch tower with the Gemini Titan, it says that the hatch has been blocked.

How close is the next umbilical arm to the access bridge? If it's right below, it blocks it. Found that earlier, but didn't mention it. Guess I should have.

The launch clamp was not really meant to be a ship that spits out kerbals with multiple hatches and such so its going to be picky about how you use it. Don't put it to close to other hatches and it will push your rocket some on disconnect. I can not control the force of disconnect...

I made a thing:

tumblr_mzpl7fmzAG1rpsnwro1_400.gif

well, makeagif made a thing, I took the pics and uploaded them. :P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new post but don't like double post

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experimentation:

tumblr_mzpw8lVAUQ1rpsnwro1_1280.png

tumblr_mzpw8lVAUQ1rpsnwro3_1280.png

tumblr_mzpw8lVAUQ1rpsnwro2_1280.png

That upper umbilical doesn't like to behave, but just using the one umbilical is okay. Ah, struts.

Oh, and this isn't a bug report, just having fun :P

Edited by Deltac

So I forgot this, but its small and not time consuming so I can put it in before the update. It has weird staging, im going to have to work out in KSP. KSP only likes top to bottom decoupling and 11 way symmetry does not exist. I think I can work it out the same way I did the Atlas booster....

731y271.jpg

That upper umbilical doesn't like to behave, but just using the one umbilical is okay. Ah, struts.

Oh, and this isn't a bug report, just having fun :P

I haven't had any spontaneous Launchpad disassemblies like that, but I find that if I stack umbilicals and the gantry, some of them explode away from the ship at launch time (the gantry jumps off of the launch pad and topples over). I assume KJR is playing a factor there. Not a big deal for me, since procedural fairings don't ignore launch clamps of any sort, so I can't place the gantry on my ahistorical rocket designs, anyway.

So I forgot this, but its small and not time consuming so I can put it in before the update. It has weird staging, im going to have to work out in KSP. KSP only likes top to bottom decoupling and 11 way symmetry does not exist. I think I can work it out the same way I did the Atlas booster....

http://i.imgur.com/731y271.jpg

Sweet, looks awesome! Glad that this looks so awesome!

Not sure if theres anything already posted in this thread, I can't for the life of me to get this mod to work even on a fresh install for steam. Tried 3.6 and 3.7. Some of the parts load like fuel tanks, but none of the subassemblies or pods, nosecones, launch tower etc.

It's installed in the appropriate directory, just a lot of the parts are not in the VAB.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.