LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

There is a tweak scale update scheduled to hit this Monday at the latest. It will no longer have the SXT and LLL tweak scale cfg's in it. They will be available here I am going to make sure all the new SXT stuff is tweakable. I will post a link when I finish.

Lack: Thanks! Here's a revised version in 1930s hiviz., silver + lemon yellow wings + squadron markings. Also shows how the gear actually work (FS helo gear are bugged in the editor).

That'd be great! And as you can see, your intakes work well as a spine for those razorback-style canopies. However, the Bf 109 in particular has a flat-topped canopy, which is hard to fair into the fuselage unless you're also making a spine for it.

IMO my dream list would be: (here are the major canopy variants of which I'm aware)

*Bf 109 style (probably with a separate spine part that can be scaled as necessary)

*American birdcage style (F4F / F6F / P-47 / P-51), a lengthened intake can serve as spine, or a proc tank.

*Fw 190 style with all-around vision but angular

*British Malcolm hood (Birdcage with a buldged top; Spitfire, F4U Corsair)

*Russian/Japanese all-around vision birdcage (A6M, Yak-3/9; although Nazari has one under construction, it's not radial-attach).

*Bubble (P-51D, P-47D-bubble, F8F, late Spits)

Jet age:

*Mirage; F-102/6; Fairey Delta II; etc. cockpit with a sharp peak

I *think* that covers it; everything else can be made by non-uniform-scaling the entries above and/or clipping things into them to make spines (or them into things).

Lack: Thanks!

Seems like a good selection. When I do have more time I might take a stab at making those, along with some very basic IVAs.

@MrWizerd,

Remind me when you've posted the link. I'll update the OP.

---

Also, there's still some problems with FAR support and the small wing (The lift is way out infront of the wing). I tried fixing it a while back, but made it worse.

If anyone's capable with FAR, would they be able to take a shot and post an update?

Trying to launch with any of the new plane parts doesn't work, i just get weird glitches, i get the same glitches with the b9 podded jets too, any idea why?

Eddit: Some form of glitch with tweakscale, idk why. Fixed by getting rid of the tweakscale config.

Edited by bs1110101

Trying to launch with any of the new plane parts doesn't work, i just get weird glitches, i get the same glitches with the b9 podded jets too, any idea why?

Eddit: Some form of glitch with tweakscale, idk why. Fixed by getting rid of the tweakscale config.

I can confirm this. With the tweakscale config enabled my saved games ships were missing several SXT parts. Disabled the tweakscale config and everything was fine.

I suspect it's because Tweakscale has a tweak-scale for the SXT parts bundled with it, so that's causing conflicts. Testing now.

Yep, that seems to be it. Delete one of them and it should work fine. I've unbundled the tweak-scale config for now. It's still in the pack, but marked .backup.

Edited by Lack

I apologize I should have restated that the sxt cfg needed to be removed from the tweakscale directory. The next build of tweakscale which is being released this week hopefully will not have LLL or SXT cfgs in it.

Where are the off-world Bases?

It's just the assets, you can place them using the Kerbtown menu (Ctrl+K, I think). I'd recommend porting a suitable amount of dead weight first, before setting them up if you're planning on role-playing.

Rocking up to an inhabited moon-base on your first landing seemed a bit odd, after all.

@Sesso,

Sounds like a plugin problem, so if it's related to SXT in any way then it's due to a faulty module-manager config. But I haven't encountered that myself, no. See if the tweak-scale config is present and try deleting it, maybe?

@shadowsutekh,

Thanks!

So when I right click a few of the new modules either in the VAB or on the pad, no menu pops up and then the right click menu for all other parts is also disabled. Has anyone else encountered this?

What mod are you having a problem with? If you have tweak scale installed make sure like lack said that the cfg file in the tweak scale directory for LLL or SXT is deleted as the ones that are on/in LLL/SXT are newer and will resize all the parts in both mods were the ones inside tweak scale are only partial files. If you have any other specific questions I will be glad to help you, just let me know.

So when I right click a few of the new modules either in the VAB or on the pad, no menu pops up and then the rightclick menu for all other parts is also disabled. Has anyone else encountered this?

I have the same problem and menu disappears only when I click CANIOT can from SXT. Do you also happen to use TweakableEverything in your setup? I suspect it might be the contributor to that problem (mind you, I haven't tested it myself, just an idea about root of the conflict).

Ok, I am double checking this but I just checked and the code for tweakscale is correct and inputted correctly. I know that there is a bug in the current Tweak Scale and that there should be an update soon. I am booting into the game now with tweak scale removed to confirm I will edit this post with results.

It appears the bug is with the CANOIT and the Heavy orbital units. I will have to inspect the code more closely to see why these two modules are bugging. I know that these are the most polished pieces as Lack has had little time to clean them all up, however, after removing tweak scale it did not fix the problem, so I am going to go through the base code. All the other sxt parts seem to work and scale properly.

It may be the sciencelab module I think i heard it doesnt work on other parts... I will pull it and try later when I am feeling up to it.

Edited by MrWizerd

I've tried creating a new sciencelab before and there's something odd about that module. Probably to do with that index node, whatever it is. Regardless, I could never get a second sciencelab working and had the same GUI oddities that are being described by others.

Ok, after finding this thread I think I figured out the problem. I am loading the game now to see if it worked, but essentially the modulesciencelab has to know exactly were it is in the node structure, in this case we have it showing at 0

MODULE
{
name = ModuleScienceLab

containerModuleIndex = 0
dataTransmissionBoost = 3.5
crewsRequired = 4

canResetConnectedModules = false
canResetNearbyModules = false
interactionRange = 8

RESOURCE_PROCESS
{
name = ElectricCharge
amount = 60
}
}

you can see it states module index 0 so it HAS to be the first module node in the cfg file. If it's not then it will throw an error.

I am working on a fix but for now this will serve as a work around

part.cfg

ISK-30CrewCabin.cfg

Ok the above links to pastebin are now fixes.

The below zip is the pre-release SXT I have marked as 16.1 it contains the fixes, BE AWARE that it contains an active tweakscale file, and thus any stock tweakscale folders that have there version of the sxt tweakscale file in tact will cause problems so PLEASE delete this file from your gamedata/tweakscale/SXT_TweakScale.cfg this will make sure your sxt parts are scaleable. I have also added the new airplane parts and other passable modules to the Connected Living Space cfg file SXT_CLS.cfg specifically. Let me know if there are any other problems.

SXT-16.1.zip

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.