LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

First of all, I really, really, really like your parts (as does nearly everyone else :D).

I think I may have found a bug though (or I am just too stupid/retarded to read the forums properly, in that case, please ignore me). Anyway, I get a problem with the Bailay Research Post (6 node);

as you can see in the picture, it stays greyed out (transparent), even though I (tried) properly attached it to the pod. It also does not give me any nodes to attach things to, and when I try moving the pod it leaves the Baily Post, while it is supposed to pick it up too (move the whole ship).

I tried reinstalling, reinstalling over a clean install, and turning my pc on and off :P. Did not work.

I am using it in conjuction with the following mods: TTModularWheels, B9 Aerospace, Firespitter, HaveASeat, Airship and KAS.

Can anyone help me out and shout at me where I'm wrong?

Where is the download for that cockpit? I can't find it. Also what mod adds those jet intakes?

for the jet intakes and a bunch of other parts : http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/half-meter-parts-and-other-useless-crap-r3/

for the cockpit I actually made the base model of the cockpit myself, Lack cleaned it up, modified it a bit, textured it and got it in game

I think ill leave it to Lack to decide if he wants to add it to the mod

Also just in case you missed my previous question: do you have any plans for decouplers based on the designs on the rest of your parts?

I probably should, need to figure out how they work first, mind.

for the jet intakes and a bunch of other parts : http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/half-meter-parts-and-other-useless-crap-r3/

for the cockpit I actually made the base model of the cockpit myself, Lack cleaned it up, modified it a bit, textured it and got it in game

I think ill leave it to Lack to decide if he wants to add it to the mod

It'll definitely be going in with the next update, I'll need to neaten up the textures first, there's no detail as it stands. Be a few new parts coming out then actually.

Picture dump time.

1gP1P76.png

fagiH2d.png

rPMflCn.png

(N.B. The extractor fan and radiator are from Shrogg's mod. Also, the bit at the top-right went a bit squiff due to a rough landing).

6fJOcBT.png

yUbbcqv.png

EfKyy0Y.png

Edited by Lack

That inflatable module, and that Panel like at the front ship, What mods are that?

They're LLL, it's just me being a tease since as they're not released yet.

Nice! are those inflatable parts yours? I assume so due to the similar color scheme, also endcaps. What are the uniformly white, textured 2x1 parts? structural or...?

The 2x1 parts are the normal 2x1 structural hull, but lacking the painted on door, which I'm dropping in the next update. They're a relic from before I actually made an air-lock part.

Better look here (although I have textures down to 1/2 res):

mxPFa6y.png

tj9IK6o.png

Changing the way the fuel tanks are textured as well, makes having multiple ones a bit less garish. I've had the fuel one done for a while as you may have noticed in some of the previous screenshots.

59BZcqC.png

eGlHbhp.png

Okay, yeah, that's more teasing. I'm primarily just brushing things up for the next update now (textures, .cfgs, etc.), that can take a fair bit of time. I'm also trying to fill in some gaps and add a few new interesting bits.

Edited by Lack

What does untextured adapators entail? Like will those not work or what?

It just means that the adaptor parts (e.g. which smooth the transition from a 2.5m circular part to a 2x1 hull, or 2x1 to 1x1) don't have any detailed textures. They're just grey.

It just means that the adaptor parts (e.g. which smooth the transition from a 2.5m circular part to a 2x1 hull, or 2x1 to 1x1) don't have any detailed textures. They're just grey.

Which do to your excellent planning tends to match well with the textured versions anyways lol

I really want to thank you guys for some awesome parts. They've REALLY come in handy!

I'm one of the "test pilot crew" and I've been using them to build "stand-in" place-holder pods for the Space 1999 Eagles that Devogen has made over in the Wayland thread until he gets his standard pods finished. They look great! And the party trick of the doors on each side designating an area holding 8 Kerbals means that this Eagle can carry a total of 18 Kerbals! (8x2 in the pod, 2 in the cockpit pod)

6TcQe4E.jpg

I've also built a pod using the LLL parts (and a whole bunch of other bits and pieces) that serves as a portable Kethane prospector and Cracking Station. You can pick this thing up as an Eagle Pod and orbit with it to find Kethane sites and then land and drop it off and go get another one or some storage tanks while the first one mines and stores the sweet green! When the Kethane deposit is depleted, land, pick it up and move it elsewhere.

O6qyviM.png

8WyCRkT.jpg

I've also used these parts to make an add-on that recreates the boarding tube structure on the Moonbase Alpha launchpad.

NKQJXWS.png

But the most ambitious thing the LLL Pack has assisted me in building is this - a recreation of the SHADO Moonbase from Gerry Anderson's other live action Sci-Fi show from the 70s - UFO.

gRP35ep.jpg

WroDU1D.png

I really want to thank you. Your parts have been invaluable and really make possible things work that otherwise just wouldn't be possible!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.