LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Logan.Darklighter, Mishkin_007 those are some beautiful screenshots.

Does this have problems with .20?

Yes. There's been some problems with the initial release of .20, the nodes go a bit screwy. If I've only defined 'rescaleFactor =' in the .cfg then it needs 'scale = 1' to be added or the nodes end up inside the model. I've gone through and fixed it for the next release and re-organised it into the new mod-folder system.

As for panels, the B9 panels are excellent. If I made my own they'd end up looking very similar and would be a duplication of effort. You can always change the rescaleFactor for the panels.

Also,

RKBP9l0.png

rHak9WV.png

I went through and edited all of the part.cfg's in all of your six released mods Lack to make them compatible with .20, which I did by adding PART { ... } and scale = 1 to each of the configs. I 've checked the parts in the vehicle assembly building and they all seem to be attaching correctly and the textures appear to be fine. Here is the link to the version of Lack Luster Labs that I edited for .20: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwm2lsz30nmiwm2/LackLusterLabs%28.20%29.zip. If anyone else notices problems with these please tell me and I will try to see if i can fix it. Place these parts files inside of your own personal folder within the gamedata folder. I have mine set up like this: KSP .20\KSP_win\GameData\CEN4\Parts\LackLusterLabs. Thank you for making such a great collection of parts Lack and if you want me to take this down I'll be happy to.

Edited by 15nelsoc

I went through and edited all of the part.cfg's in all of your six released mods Lack to make them compatible with .20, which I did by adding PART { ... } and scale = 1 to each of the configs. I 've checked the parts in the vehicle assembly building and they all seem to be attaching correctly and the textures appear to be fine. Here is the link to the version of Lack Luster Labs that I edited for .20: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwm2lsz30nmiwm2/LackLusterLabs%28.20%29.zip. If anyone else notices problems with these please tell me and I will try to see if i can fix it. Place these parts files inside of your own personal folder within the gamedata folder. I have mine set up like this: KSP .20\KSP_win\GameData\CEN4\Parts\LackLusterLabs. Thank you for making such a great collection of parts Lack and if you want me to take this down I'll be happy to.

Thanks, it's fine to leave it up for now. I've already got the .20 compatible version of the next release sent out to testers. I'd release it now but I'm going on holiday tomorrow, so I'm going to wait till I get back from that and it'll give those people a bit longer to look for bugs and make suggestions. The release of .20 is a bit inconvenient in that regard, could have done with it being next week but such is the way of things.

Only thing I'd say is that I have the mod-folder named as \LLL\ (not that it makes much difference), got parts organised into \Command, \Utility, etc. and that I've dropped the .cfgs of the rescaled parts into the same folder, same for the GERTY versions, as the engine now supports multiple .cfgs for the same model+texture.

So the Gerty parts would read

\LLL\Parts\Command\LLLGERTY\

Folder contents:
model000.png
model001.png
model.mu
part.cfg
partMecJeb.cfg
partProbe.cfg

Edited by Lack

Dont know if im doing something wrong but 'walkwaygrey' isn't loading up for me with this.

I'm looking at mine and I have a windowed walkway and a plain grey one, which both load. I can't find anything named walkwaygrey, but I could have easily overlooked this. Is this an issue in the VAB where you click on the part and the textures are not visible or is this some sort of error message coming up?

I have both these parts:

http://imgur.com/OdvHtUd

Is there one that I am just looking over?

Edited by 15nelsoc

I'm looking at mine and I have a windowed walkway and a plain grey one, which both load. I can't find anything named walkwaygrey, but I could have easily overlooked this. Is this an issue in the VAB where you click on the part and the textures are not visible or is this some sort of error message coming up?

I have both these parts:

http://imgur.com/OdvHtUd

Is there one that I am just looking over?

x81b1KT.png

I have another base that uses one of the other parts and it's loading fine.

that usually means that you don't have that particular part in the parts folder, chances are you have to find an older version of the mod and pull that part from there as it may have been removed, or it wasnt selected when you tried to install the mod

that usually means that you don't have that particular part in the parts folder, chances are you have to find an older version of the mod and pull that part from there as it may have been removed, or it wasnt selected when you tried to install the mod

Built the base with the latest version of these parts as far as I know.

Edited by Mishkin_007

I looked back through all of the parts and could not find one entitled walkwaygrey. I found walkway, walkwayhub, and walkwaysimple. Do you remember what the part looked like (did it have windows, length, 1x1 or 2x1, etc.) and roughly when you made the ship? My theory is, unless I am just blind, that the part walkwaygrey was the name of an earlier part before the most recent version by Lack and exists under a different name in the most recent version. If this is the case then I think you may be able to change the name of the part in the config file to walkwaygrey from its more recent name and that should fix the problem. Lack, do you remember if there is a part named walkwaygrey in Lack Luster Labs?

Glad you figured out the problem. I downloaded your file and gave it a look. You need to add a line below rescaleFactor= 1.25 that says scale = 1 for the part attachment to work properly (don't italicize).

the front wheels are probably blocking the hatch, you also may need a ladder to reach the back airlock

Yeah sorry I didn't give enough detail. The hatch at the front is fine it can be used to get out just not in as you cant get onto of the wheels in EVA on Kerbin. To get round this I though I'll put a airlock on the back with a ladder, climbed on ladder, couldn't get onto the airlock ladder. Tried a whole bunch of things, I think its to do with the collision mess for the model.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.