[Carbon 1.3] KSP Utilities - Partial Cross-Platforming

• 2 weeks later...
So today I checked a troublesome save, and I'm still testing. Still unsure.

Keep in mind that the save analyzer was a by-product of testing the save merger, and doesn't count values (unless someone gives me a list of what values are valid)

EDIT: The second test of the analyser appeared with 1 error with Line 0. Is this natural or bad?

Could you give me the exact error and persistance if possible?

Could you give me the exact error and persistance if possible?

Well, I'm not sure about the analyzer, but I've been checking a persistent file because the person of that one has a problem with playable problems.

The analyzer found an error on line 0, or the "GAME" line. I further analyzed and found one of the vessels mission the "actiongroups" line group. The persistent is in this thread.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/38736-Save-becomes-un-playable-after-a-while

Well, I'm not sure about the analyzer, but I've been checking a persistent file because the person of that one has a problem with playable problems.

The analyzer found an error on line 0, or the "GAME" line. I further analyzed and found one of the vessels mission the "actiongroups" line group. The persistent is in this thread.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/38736-Save-becomes-un-playable-after-a-while

Short answer, it's missing a bracket at the end. Insert a bracket at the end of the file and that should fix it (hopefully).

As for the persistence manager, it's broken, and I plan to overhaul the GUI to show more precisely what the error is and actually present the infomation in the format which anyone else but me can actually understand it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, since I have done absolutely no programming for the past month, and KSP 0.21 has just arrived (like a 4 day late birthday gift) I need to get off my lazy butt and make you people the damn best programs this forum deserves.

Updates:

Konversion: Can now convert from 0.17 to 0.18/19/20 and actually works

KSP Save Analyzer: Updated GUI, with very experimental save fixer.*

Now, with the 0.21 update, the saves are broken. But, thanks to my programming genius, I will devote all my spare time to get Konversion to be able to convert to 0.21. Remember, the more you post here, the quicker it will get done!

*Will only be able to fix if the only error is a GAME bracket problem, will work on a fix for everything eventually. After Konversion, I will merge the two programs and have a Save Megaprogram (Name will change), so you people can actually USE Konversion.

Why not merge all your programs within one big "Kerbal Mission Kontrol Centre"? :P With forum and spaceport integration, cloud saving (and sharing) savegames and crafts, one-click mod management, ...

I would make such a program myself if I had the programming skills (I'm learning C# now, but I am not at the stage of making anything very usefull...).

Why not merge all your programs within one big "Kerbal Mission Kontrol Centre"? :P With forum and spaceport integration, cloud saving (and sharing) savegames and crafts, one-click mod management, ...

This is how I plan the entire thing to go down:

8blpj9V.png

The two end products are too different to be merged into an ultimate program. So they will stay separate.

No. Everything will stay seperate.

Edited by ROFLCopter64bit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been working on a program to allow me to copy vessel chunks from one save file to another. After copying a vessel with some docking ports, the "resume save" menu wouldn't open. I attempted to use your save file analyzer (this was before I knew it was the docking port) but it said the file contained no errors. Just a heads-up.

I've been working on a program to allow me to copy vessel chunks from one save file to another. After copying a vessel with some docking ports, the "resume save" menu wouldn't open. I attempted to use your save file analyzer (this was before I knew it was the docking port) but it said the file contained no errors. Just a heads-up.
The save analyzer only checks for structural problems (ie. seeing if { brackets end with the right amount of } brackets), not value, order or content. It was a byproduct of when I was making the save merger, to see if it was merging saves properly. A tip: KSP does not take kindly to any parts of docking ports changed or removed, so make sure you copy the entire thing.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't worked on any of these things for a month now because I've been working on a secret project. But I assure you good people once 0.22 is released, I'll be mainly focusing on these projects to bring them up to no less than perfection (warning: my definition of perfection can vary greatly) and to start it all off I'll kickstart 0.22 with KSP Save Utils.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.