Rareden's Projects

Rareden

If you're doing your post in after effects, try using vector blur set to "direction centre" on a few of your layers to give it that smeary look that you get from solar filaments, it'll also soften the sharp fractal boundaries a bit to get that subsurface scattering effect without expensive renders. Looking pretty sweet though!

thanks ill give it a go

*sigh...* I'll never get this from you will I... I've been going all over looking for a way to open .mu files... And if I get permission from Squad, 3D print them... Ah, well...

check your pm :D

You've inspired me to look into KSP 3d models a bit more...

After a bit of research... and the right software, I'm now looking at my lander in blender, completely constructed as it is in the game :)... and no, I didn't have to put it together!

First step on my path to putting my ships into sketchfab ;)

You've inspired me to look into KSP 3d models a bit more...

After a bit of research... and the right software, I'm now looking at my lander in blender, completely constructed as it is in the game :)... and no, I didn't have to put it together!

First step on my path to putting my ships into sketchfab ;)

nice job i presume you just used a different program

nice job i presume you just used a different program

Yep... 3D Ripper DX

Unlike Ninja ripper which rips the individual parts, Ripper DX rips the entire scene you are currently in... I use it with the ship in deep space so I just get the ship... If you use it when the ship is on the surface you can rip the whole scene including the surface of the planet.

Means you can create a render directly from a scene in the game.

Apparently works very well with 3DS Max

Yep... 3D Ripper DX

Unlike Ninja ripper which rips the individual parts, Ripper DX rips the entire scene you are currently in... I use it with the ship in deep space so I just get the ship... If you use it when the ship is on the surface you can rip the whole scene including the surface of the planet.

Means you can create a render directly from a scene in the game.

Apparently works very well with 3DS Max

i tried it but it made 2 mirrors of everything at really weird angles and nothing was textured. which ended up making 1.2million polys if taken on a planet, to import which made my 16gig machine run out of ram while making all the texture co-ords

Hey, whenever I try to import an .obj ship to Blender, absolutely nothing happens, nothing moves, nothing appears, no error appears, nothing, it's as though I didn't do anything.

EDIT: NVM got it, but have no clue how to add textures...

Edited by RocketTurtle

Hey, whenever I try to import an .obj ship to Blender, absolutely nothing happens, nothing moves, nothing appears, no error appears, nothing, it's as though I didn't do anything.

EDIT: NVM got it, but have no clue how to add textures...

look under the textures file it generated, you will have to guess though, thats why i didnt used 3dx ripper

anyone got a really good looking unmanned rover design, need one for my video, preferably with a camera on it and some robot arms,(arms dont need to move i can do that)

I don't have one myself but Yogui87 from Lionhead Industries made a replica of the Curiosity rover in KSP, it looks really good, has a camera and a robotic arm, so I guess it would fit in what you are looking for! :)

Link here

I don't have one myself but Yogui87 from Lionhead Industries made a replica of the Curiosity rover in KSP, it looks really good, has a camera and a robotic arm, so I guess it would fit in what you are looking for! :)

Link here

could indeed, asked him if i could use it.

That sun animation is bloody excellent mate, you have inspired me to dust off my rendering hat :) I would love to see a ship sailing past that.. looks super real.

thanks, got a better render of it finishing in 5mins or so, then probably 30min or so to upload to youtube (stupid conversion line for vimeo)

raw render from after effects is 18.9gigs lol

edit: here it is.

Edited by Rareden

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.