[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Here's a spaceplane I made with the new Sabre Engines!

u4N1VvA.png

It's actually the first spaceplane I designed that actually made it to orbit and back. I hope it's not because the Sabre engines could be overpowered.

Awesome, awesome work! I'm really happy with all the new parts--fills in a few holes that I was really itching for (like S2 cargo bays) and some things I didn't even know I needed!

I do have one problem though--I have a space station I built with mostly B9 parts, and since updating I'm getting a bug where my space station just vanishes, all except for one part that just floats in space. I can't interact with it at all and if I try to IVA I get a NullReferenceException in the debug toolbar. Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem? I would really hate to have to start over--the space station was a TON of work to put together.

I've tried to both download the Spaceport link and the mediafire mirror and neither have Sabre engines for me. I'm fairly sure it's missing parts. Anyone advise on where to download the complete pack?

Really loving the new pack, B9. Everything is looking great, as normal.

My favorite parts in the pack currently are:

-The S2 Reusable Pod: It's gorgeous, complete with a proper IVA, and the RCS thrusters work. Also it's my favorite looking pod of the set.

-The RCS ports that can fire in all reasonable directions. This eliminates one part per RCS port on spaceplanes. Normally, I have to place a normal RCS 4-direction port, and then a linear. This part covers all the bases and is how RCS ports should be. It's gorgeous in looks and in function.

-The new Info Drive. This needs to be a stock function, it's like a README in-game. So incredibly useful.

-Hybrid engines. While I haven't been able to play long enough to get a successful plane with these, they eliminate a lot of hassle and can streamline plane building.

I wish the big pod and the supersonic pod had IVA views, but I'm sure that'll come in time. For the time being, everything is gorgeous. Keep up the good work!

-M5K

I seem to get a message that there are incompatible craft files when the new demo planes are added to the SPH folder. The B9*craft* can not be opened. I am using the Mod Manager, I am not sure that makes any difference.

Edit: all the structural panels are missing too, as well some other parts might be that I missed.

Edit 2: it just occurred to me that it might have to do with me playing version 0.20. I will investigate.

Edited by Camacha

I seem to get a message that there are incompatible craft files when the new demo planes are added to the SPH folder. The B9*craft* can not be opened. I am using the Mod Manager, I am not sure that makes any difference.

Edit: all the structural panels are missing too, as well some other parts might be that I missed.

Edit 2: it just occurred to me that it might have to do with me playing version 0.20. I will investigate.

I had this issue aswell but I was running on .20, went ahead and updated to .20.2 and everything loaded up fine aswell as the .craft files.

The sabre precooler (both M and S) attach nodes seem to be inside the model as well. Also I'm guessing given B9's new position that this part pack will be integrated as the spaceplane update?

Worked it out.

Changing the Sabre Precooler Body M node numbers to

node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 1.25, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0

makes the nodes attach perfectly so the model doesn't clip through other parts. Also the General Parameters have the M part filed under S, not really important but if you have OCD like me good to change. And the Small Precooler Body nodes are about

node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.62, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.62, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.625, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0

Edited by Punk

For some reason, Deadly Reentry 2.1 RC4 causes the SABRE M engine to not work. That is, on launch, the engine doesn't show the "Air" gauge, and has NaNU for the fuel flow (fuel flow only happens after being staged and any amount of throttle being applied).

If toggled to rocket mode and back to air-breathing mode, the air gauge then appears. Unfortunately, when it is throttled up in this state, though the engine roars, no flame or heating effects occur, and though the right-click menu shows that it is producing thrust, and the resources menu shows it is draining fuel.

Rocket mode acts the same way.

I have tried modifying the .cfg for engine to be mostly identical to the SABRE S engine (which works just fine), however, this has not proven fruitful. Though it is probably not due to a bug in B9, I hope documenting it somewhere would be helpful to others who may be having this problem.

On an unrelated note, apparently due to parts overlapping something fierce on the SCVD Vonnegut, the shielded docking port keeps freaking out and removing itself violently from the fuselage.

Edited by rifter

I don't know if this is a bug with B9 or not, but when I'm in orbit my ship rolls to the right under its own volition. I turn the ASAS on and the roll stops, but I can see the control surface jamming for a hard left roll.

2Trql1O.jpg

It happened after I switched to the Shielded Docking Port. Now, I had a real problem with getting it to dock. It said it was docked, but it never appeared to even though I got the GUI option to Undock.

Edit: fixed it with a part reload.

Edited by SkipSpikowski

I've been having trouble with the Saber M's, They refuse to actually work, I've tried various placements, Engine configurations and even just stuck the on a probe and a fuel tank just to see if they'd work, nothing...

I'm not using deadly reentry btw.....

Amazing Mod pack, thank you to all concerned for making it happen :) Here's one of the B9 craft coming in for a docking at my brand new station, I thought it was fitting for brand new pack to dock with a brand new station :D

screenshot13dq.png

Awesome job with all of the parts. Some of them really fill in the gaps for the stock stuff. So... using the large SABRE rocket with a craft this size is eating up my fuel too quickly to work, but at least it looks cool.

f3r39Uth.jpg

VkEguY3h.jpg

L7d7miCh.jpg

I am having a very similar predicament as others in this thread.

My parts folder under B9 Aerospace only has 83 parts, instead of 175. And I downloaded from both Spaceport and Mediafire.

Do I need to download the 0.19 parts to get all of them? :/

I am having a very similar predicament as others in this thread.

My parts folder under B9 Aerospace only has 83 parts, instead of 175. And I downloaded from both Spaceport and Mediafire.

Do I need to download the 0.19 parts to get all of them? :/

Can confirm also, only 83 parts for me as well..