[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

This is a shuttle Im working on. She flys straight and will glide on reentry with no engines. Also if i have to much speed, you can deploy chutes so it will glide down even. Alot of time went into balancing everything. But i give alot of credit to Cepheus for his work on CSS. Also Thanks to TT and his modular wheels. I use them for everything almost. Im only having a problem with the engines vectoring weird at 700 m but they straighten back up. Im trying to see if i can smooth that out. Nothing special just my version of a functional shuttle with a bigger cargo area.

wT32oha.jpg

3OjWTaW.jpg

hINesfj.jpg

IM10jKT.jpg

JAXf1lw.jpg

cDpI3xK.jpg

C56Zjds.jpg

Edited by viperwolf

Alright I finally figured out why I wasn't getting the all the parts. Everyone who has this problem listen up.Bac9 was right when he said we weren't installing it properly, you can't just put the GameData folder into the folder labeled Gamedata in the KSP directory. You have to find the big folder where ALL KSP folders are (Names "Kerbal Space Program" without quotations) and copy/paste in there. I found that after doing this and launching the game all of the parts were there and I was on my way to feeling stupid and making sexy craft. Sorry Bac9 for thinking something was wrong with the mod, it was just me :)

Alright I finally figured out why I wasn't getting the all the parts. Everyone who has this problem listen up.Bac9 was right when he said we weren't installing it properly, you can't just put the GameData folder into the folder labeled Gamedata in the KSP directory. You have to find the big folder where ALL KSP folders are (Names "Kerbal Space Program" without quotations) and copy/paste in there. I found that after doing this and launching the game all of the parts were there and I was on my way to feeling stupid and making sexy craft. Sorry Bac9 for thinking something was wrong with the mod, it was just me :)

I dont understand, I have mine gamedata/b9 and all the extra plugins. I have all the parts.

A good idea with any mod is to look at the file structure of the .zip file and adjust accordingly. Most have made it so that you merely unzip the file directly to the \Kerbal Space Program folder with a "GameData" folder built in and all parts and configs going in their proper places. Some mods only have their individual sections and thus need to be placed in the GameData folder directly vs the root KSP folder.

I dont understand, I have mine gamedata/b9 and all the extra plugins. I have all the parts.

I'm guessing from his descriptions that he didn't know the difference and thus had \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Gamedata\B9.

Hang on, but when I try to copy 'n' paste into the ksp root folder, a dialogue box pops up and said that I cant doit without replacing the original gamedata folder. I must be doing something wrong - what should i do otherwise?

Hang on, but when I try to copy 'n' paste into the ksp root folder, a dialogue box pops up and said that I cant doit without replacing the original gamedata folder. I must be doing something wrong - what should i do otherwise?

It will not replace, it will simply overwrite, which means it will merge what you are copying with what is already there

This is a shuttle Im working on. She flys straight and will glide on reentry with no engines. Also if i have to much speed, you can deploy chutes so it will glide down even. Alot of time went into balancing everything. But i give alot of credit to Cepheus for his work on CSS. Im only having a problem with the engines vectoring weird at 700 m but they straighten back up. Im trying to see if i can smooth that out. Nothing special just my version of a functional shuttle with a bigger cargo area.

Viperwolf are those landing gear from TT's Multiwheels?

Yes they are, i just crammed them up into the wings and nose so they would not stick out so far

Can I ask how did you manage to do that. Im pretty well versed in editor tricks but I dont think im familiar with this one.

Can I ask how did you manage to do that. Im pretty well versed in editor tricks but I dont think im familiar with this one.

The ones on the wings it looks like he placed right on the wing seam, so he probably placed it on the side edge before placing the next wing segment. Might be similar to the one in the nose.

What is the deal with the DF turbofans? According to the description in the SPH, they have higher thrust and ISP compared to the stock turbojet engines, yet actual thrust output seems less. I had an almost 100% stock jet, that was able to cruise along with 3x stock turbojets, at 30KM while sipping fuel at over 1,500m/s, but when I replaced them with DF turbofans I can only maintain about 1,300m/s even though they're still at full throttle.

What is the deal with the DF turbofans? According to the description in the SPH, they have higher thrust and ISP compared to the stock turbojet engines, yet actual thrust output seems less. I had an almost 100% stock jet, that was able to cruise along with 3x stock turbojets, at 30KM while sipping fuel at over 1,500m/s, but when I replaced them with DF turbofans I can only maintain about 1,300m/s even though they're still at full throttle.

They were never intended to be more powerful, read this post.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25241-0-21-B9-Aerospace-Pack-R3-3-New-pods-IVAs-engines-fuselages-structures?p=557914&viewfull=1#post557914

Stock turbojets are quite cheaty but changing stock configs was never the purpose of this mod.

all you do is zoom into the wing and and nose. just keep zooming and rotating until your inside with the selected part.once you get it where you want just click it in. it will take many times to get it just right bc you cant see what your doing. Also i have about ten struts going through the wings. i like it to look clean. The struts will connect from one edge to the other. Again it takes some patience. but the results are good. I did the same with the lights.

Dunno if anyone else has had this problem but I cant seem to place docking ports properly inside the cargo bays. I can place one easily enough but when it comes to placing the second on top of it the SPH way that it recognises parts doest seem to let them line up properly. Its a real pain since whats the point of a cargo bay if you cant load and drop stuff off from it?

The ones on the wings it looks like he placed right on the wing seam, so he probably placed it on the side edge before placing the next wing segment. Might be similar to the one in the nose.
all you do is zoom into the wing and and nose. just keep zooming and rotating until your inside with the selected part.once you get it where you want just click it in. it will take many times to get it just right bc you cant see what your doing. Also i have about ten struts going through the wings. i like it to look clean. The struts will connect from one edge to the other. Again it takes some patience. but the results are good. I did the same with the lights.

Both great tips! Thanks. B9 parts are just too good looking to spoil and with an editor as difficult as KSP's every tip and trick counts. :wink:

That can be really difficult especially with smaller parts. It's a lot easier if you just have parts clipping enabled and place parts on top of parts / inside parts. Only struts would require being inside other parts like that, AFAIK. But still good to know that's possible too.

What is in the included folders other than GameData/B9_Aerospace/ and why are those items necessary for B9 Aerospace to work? If those other folders are already there in my KSP/GameData folder, how do I prevent this bunch from overwriting them (which would be the usual drag-and-drop folder moving behavior on MacOS X)?

I'm reasonably sure this was explained somewhere, but it really should be appended to the first post. The warning there without explanation is enough to keep me away from this mod and others with similar invasive folder schemes like Ferram Aerospace Research.