[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

I read back a few pages and couldn't see anything about it. Is the SAS updated or not? Mine still flaps about like crazy...

I am having the same problem. I am using a fresh Steam install of KSP (latest version), with only B9 aerospace mod installed. Smaller planes work fine, but on any larger plane the control surfaces flap around like mad as soon as I activate SAS, and, depending on how well balanced the plane is, the nose will tend to drift off course. Sometimes the SAS fights me to the extent that I am unable to manually change direction at all. Turning SAS off I have no difficulty controlling the plane. This problem happens with 4 of the 6 stock B9 planes, only the two smaller ones are exempt (the VTOL and the smaller jet - can't remember their names). Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Is this mod compatible with Deadly Re-entry? I'm using them both together so the game works but I'm not risking any kerbal to find out if the heat shield works.

This mod is great. Thanks.

Is this mod compatible with Deadly Re-entry? I'm using them both together so the game works but I'm not risking any kerbal to find out if the heat shield works.

This mod is great. Thanks.

I've had no problems, spaceplanes re-enter absolutely fine, Deadly re-entry successfully adds heatshields to the underside of fuselage sections (including things like undercarriage, I've also had no probelm with ventral intakes or fins).

For probes and landers etc, I use the Planetes corp. heatshield cos they're fancy.

I have installed the mod properly, and I am only getting about 20 parts, and almost no fuselages or utility parts. I only have kerbal attachment system and extra planetary airships installed swell, although I have recently removed firespitter and more rtgs. Can anyone help me?

I have installed the mod properly, and I am only getting about 20 parts, and almost no fuselages or utility parts.

Usually, when you say "I installed it properly but it's not working," that's a cue that you haven't installed it properly. Yours is a commonly encountered mistake, answered in the first post.

I have installe B9 aerospace regularly and, the sabre engines are not working at all, how do i fix this?

mod list: aviation lights

b9 aerospace

ferram aerospace research

firespitter

KAS

Procedural Fairings

Procedural Wings

Kethane

Mechjeb

Misson controller

Papi

rcs build aid

module manager

I have installe B9 aerospace regularly and, the sabre engines are not working at all, how do i fix this?

mod list: aviation lights

b9 aerospace

ferram aerospace research

firespitter

KAS

Procedural Fairings

Procedural Wings

Kethane

Mechjeb

Misson controller

Papi

rcs build aid

module manager

Last I heard Module Manager is not compatible. Uninstall that and it should work.

I've been having a little trouble with the cargo bays. Whenever I dock something inside it (it doesn't happen to things I've docked in the VAB until un]/i]dock them), the whole ship starts spinning wildly out of control, in spite of any SAS and/or RCS trying to hold it still and the payload bends back and forth. I timewarped to try to stop the spinning, but as soon as I dropped back out of warp the ship just exploded into chunks.

Any fixes? Do Quantum Struts help at all?

I've been having a little trouble with the cargo bays. Whenever I dock something inside it (it doesn't happen to things I've docked in the VAB until un]/i]dock them), the whole ship starts spinning wildly out of control, in spite of any SAS and/or RCS trying to hold it still and the payload bends back and forth. I timewarped to try to stop the spinning, but as soon as I dropped back out of warp the ship just exploded into chunks.

Any fixes? Do Quantum Struts help at all?

You are talking about undocking in space, right? If that's the case, the game's collision detectors are pretty wacky... If you're using MechJeb, make sure Smart SAS is completely OFF (none of the autopilots are working either) and that you also have basic ("ship-board", the one not included in MechJeb) SAS toggled off as well. Only then you're actually safe to undock/dock as the SAS setting can get transferred to the other vessel (especially with MechJeb present on both), which will cause it to... derp out...

Also make sure the ship you'll be undocking from won't be moving "towards" the undocked vessel. I know the orbit speed is carried over, but that's just another thing to go wrong. Best way to do so is to point your cargo bay/docking port parallel your prograde, that way neither will be on the same plane as the other...

Quantum Struts do help in keeping payloads in place during ascent, as well as them "dropping" through the carrying craft; they also minimize wobble in space. They don't help in any way to stabilize a craft and keep it from spinning however...

Using time warp when two vessels are on aproach of one another is a really, really, REALLY bad idea... Not according to Newbur and Munfry, but don't listen to them- it's how they got stuck drifting around Duna in the first place...

You are talking about undocking in space, right? If that's the case, the game's collision detectors are pretty wacky... If you're using MechJeb, make sure Smart SAS is completely OFF (none of the autopilots are working either) and that you also have basic ("ship-board", the one not included in MechJeb) SAS toggled off as well. Only then you're actually safe to undock/dock as the SAS setting can get transferred to the other vessel (especially with MechJeb present on both), which will cause it to... derp out...

Un/docking in space, yes.

I'm not using Mechjeb, so that's not the issue. I was using standard SAS though, so I'll try turning that off next time.

Quantum Struts do help in keeping payloads in place during ascent, as well as them "dropping" through the carrying craft; they also minimize wobble in space. They don't help in any way to stabilize a craft and keep it from spinning however...

Well it's still worth a try I guess.

Using time warp when two vessels are on aproach of one another is a really, really, REALLY bad idea...

I don't mean I timewarped while docking, I mean after the payload had been attached and was part of the vessel (and started spinning) I tried time warping to remove any momentum.

I wish I could use this pack. Its an amazing pack, but every time I install it, the Mac version of KSP starts crashing.

I'm on a Mac and I run B9 with no problems. What other parts mods do you have installed, and how much video RAM?

I'm on a Mac and I run B9 with no problems. What other parts mods do you have installed, and how much video RAM?

I have a bunch of mods installed. Much too many to accurately list them all but off the top of my head:

MechJeb

Kethane

Spherical Fuel tanks

Procedural Wings and Fairings

KSPX

Large Space Station Components (not FusTek... there was another one)

PartCatalog

Aviation Lights

and a few others.

Games runs fine except when B9 is installed, and crashes even if B9 is the only thing installed. Total VRAM is 512MB on a Mid-2011 Core i5 Mac mini with 8GB of RAM.