[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

For some reason, I cannot load this. It gets to the Loading bit before the main menu, and then the game crashes without an error log. When I uninstall it, the game works fine.

There's a chance you're exceeding your available video RAM. Try turning your texture resolution setting down to "half" and then re-adding B9 and see if that fixes it.

So the S2 hypersonic nose section - does the windscreen gimmick work? All I can do is turn the cockpit lights on/off.

Cheers :D

*edit*

A lot of folks running out of RAM or video RAM in the last few pages. I don't think I saw anyone suggest this, but turn down texture res in the options, works like a charm (impact on visuals is minimal).

Its a simple fix, could easily have been overlooked.

Edited by p1t1o

Anyone else noticed the radial CDP trying to tear their ship apart when deploying?

I've had this happen when there are other parts that the opening shields collide with. It may also not work so well on large flat pieces, since the shields move out and down.

Additionally, I notice bac9 uses the "Kinetech Animation Library" for animating the intakes with regards to atmospheric conditions. A quick googling resulted in a few videos posted by bac9/Taverius and nothing else of note.

Edited by Torminator

I apologize is this has been brought up somewhere in the past 200 pages, but is there any way to get those automatic fairings to work with the L2 Atlas Low Profile Enigine? In concept it's probably one of my favorite engines, but I rarely use it because of this one little cosmetic issue. I tried copying over the module from a .cfg file where the automatic fairing works to the Atlas, but no joy.

The mod seems to cause a glitch where in the VAB or SPH, It's textures cover the screen, and it looks exploded. The problem goes away when the mod is deleted.

I think I've seen that glitch caused by having too many mods installed/not enough graphics memory. I think the fix was to reduce texture resolution/quality to half in the options menu.

I have a small question: When using the HL cargo bay. is there something specific to do to put say a decoupler or a docking port into the ship's axis ? there's no node...
What do you mean? I usually attach docking ports to the parts at either end of the cargo bay along the ship axis.

I have a small question: When using the HL cargo bay. is there something specific to do to put say a decoupler or a docking port into the ship's axis ? there's no node...

There is a stock radially-attachable node. Place them wherever you like.

I tend to put them on the floor of the cargo bay with a stack separator. It's also very handy to have the 'Select Root Part' and 'Subassembly Loader' plugins so that you have the option of placing any of your creations in the cargo bay with a few clicks of the mouse, and selecting the point at which they will be connected.

Gone are the days of having to strategically assemble rovers, etc. based on point of attachment. For better or for worse, wonky upside-down payloads are a thing of the past. =)

Any chances of updates to the mod? It would be delightful to see new parts in it and updates to existing. Some sugestions: Ajust S3 interior to match exterior, SABRE L and intake for it (I had to make such myself via cfg for my big ssto), s2 wide section back ramp, radial intake with mount for 2m parts, to see some retractable ladders with differnt lennght would be nice too. I think this pack is one of the best parts pack and one of my most often used ones too. I really apreciate the style of this pack's parts.