[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

The SABRE engines are dependent on a plugin which isn't working or hasn't/isn't installed correctly (or, in the case of Firespitter has been updated either directly, or via one of the mods which bundle it, like KOSMOS), I've managed to do exactly this to my B9 install a couple of times while trying to cut down memory usage.

I would have a small feature request, once there is an update again :D instead of two seperate RCS-thruster, wouldn't it be more comfortable to have a maneuver thruster that can switch from compressed air to monopropellant?

The SABRE engines are dependent on a plugin which isn't working or hasn't/isn't installed correctly (or, in the case of Firespitter has been updated either directly, or via one of the mods which bundle it, like KOSMOS), I've managed to do exactly this to my B9 install a couple of times while trying to cut down memory usage.

I believe the SABRE engines use the Exsurgent Engineering Hyda engine controller plugin. It's what powers the dual-mode operation.

I would have a small feature request, once there is an update again :D instead of two seperate RCS-thruster, wouldn't it be more comfortable to have a maneuver thruster that can switch from compressed air to monopropellant?

It could likely be done using the same plugin as the SABREs, but I'm not sure how many people would find it useful. Sadly, I'm not so hopeful for an update to this pack, since bac9 has quite a bit more going on now.

Is it me, or are the VTOL engines included with this mod a bit OP. I built an 8 engine VTOL on a small plane, I'm using it to pick up Kethane from my Kerbal Kethane miner and want it to have a snappy response hence the engines. Anyway on my first flight of this plane I got distracted for about 20 seconds whilst at 20,000km and next thing I noticed I had flamed out and was well and truly heading for space, 120,000km's out or some such. If I had a small rocket and some oxidizer on board circlisation would not have been a problem. Now, I look at the numbers of the VTOL jets vs the stock jets and they seem fairly balanced, perhaps a little too light. I haven't built a stock engine VTOL just to see, however it seems a bit silly?? Thoughts?

Is it me, or are the VTOL engines included with this mod a bit OP. I built an 8 engine VTOL on a small plane, I'm using it to pick up Kethane from my Kerbal Kethane miner and want it to have a snappy response hence the engines. Anyway on my first flight of this plane I got distracted for about 20 seconds whilst at 20,000km and next thing I noticed I had flamed out and was well and truly heading for space, 120,000km's out or some such. If I had a small rocket and some oxidizer on board circlisation would not have been a problem. Now, I look at the numbers of the VTOL jets vs the stock jets and they seem fairly balanced, perhaps a little too light. I haven't built a stock engine VTOL just to see, however it seems a bit silly?? Thoughts?

I think it's to do with the VTOL engines not having the diminishing returns against speed that the other B9 airbreathing engines have, so their thrust doesn't drop off as you go faster.

Not sure if this is the place to ask this, but I'm looking for advice about getting my design to go SSTO

After many tries with more conservative, SR-71 and fighter jet inspired designs, I decided to pull out all the stops and build something with serious power.

What I ended up with had elements of space shuttle, WWII bomber, hot rod, and pod racer.

BDA993D8B892C3DEA816F9323D3DC2DFF6D09B79

9C3E206E5800D53CC16B28C7AD0CD6F74541C0B5

As it turned out, it handles well, and has all the power it looks like it has.

589F4123929F86C4784CE816F20F102447DE8D87

Unfortunately it still seems to run out of air before it ought to.

on one flight, when I was fearing flame-out, I switched to rocket mode early and ended up with this trajectory

B0E8828C9BC4124FE18FD3845392CD34FE8B7BD2

(forgot to throttle down first, damn those big sabres pack a punch but they drain fuel so fast)

This is, so far, the best result I've gotten out of it.

That sounds an awful lot like one engine is flaming out before the other. That or you have some aerodynamic anomalies. You're not using FAR, are you?

No, I'm not.

I actually can recall that on one flight, the engines did completely flame out at different times, causing an unrecoverable spin.

What could be causing a slight difference in airflow?

Also, I've been tweaking the design a bit, kinda "turbocharged" it, as well as made some preparations for it to carry cargo

B29793C6204BBD5F673DC538B9558F1E1D9CFC2F

I'm upgrading the Stock Aries 4a with the F119 engines, but whenever I pitch up, the throttle shuts off by itself, only to come back like nothing happened once I pitch back down. What causes this? It dosn't seem to be present in the example craft that uses the same engines.

I really wanted to try an SSTO with THRUST VECTORING :c

I've got problems with my B9 install (no, not a part count issue) and I can't seem to isolate what they are. I'm hoping someone can give me some insight to what is going on.

Bbackground: I have two installations of KSP: one for gaming and one for testing (like now). The testing is a clean install that gets wiped. I'm managing mods with MOD Admin 1.3.6.

In my test setup I have only B9 and FAR loaded. My KSP log has the following errors:

[LOG 11:38:44.652] Load(Model): B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Intake_Ramp/Mount

[ERR 11:38:44.655] Texture 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Intake_Ramp/model001' not found!

Can't fine a 'model001' anywhere.

[LOG 10:30:44.207] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Engine_SABRE_M/part/B9_Engine_SABRE_M'

[LOG 10:30:44.212] Added sound_rocket_hard to FXGroup power

[LOG 10:30:44.213] Added sound_explosion_low to FXGroup flameout

[ERR 10:30:44.215] Cannot find event '1856740933'

[LOG 10:30:44.227] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Engine_SABRE_S/part/B9_Engine_SABRE_S'

[LOG 10:30:44.233] Added sound_rocket_hard to FXGroup power

[LOG 10:30:44.233] Added sound_explosion_low to FXGroup flameout

[ERR 10:30:44.235] Cannot find event '1856740933'

[LOG 10:30:44.246] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Engine_VA1/part/B9_Engine_VA1'

[LOG 10:30:44.248] Added sound_jet_deep to FXGroup power

[LOG 10:30:44.248] Added sound_explosion_low to FXGroup flameout

What the heck is '1856740933'? Yet, in a part that is virtually the same (B9_Engine_VA1) no error occurs.

[LOG 10:30:44.410] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Utility_InfoDrive/part/B9_Utility_InfoDrive'

[ERR 10:30:44.415] Invalid float value

This one just has me baffeled.

Lastly, an FYI, devs ...

Gamedata\B9_Aerospace\Parts\Structure_P_Standard-Frame\P8_Surface.cfg

node_attach = 0, 4, 0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

is define twice in the config file.

I just deleted one of the two entries and everything is fine.

TIA

Kerfault.

When the very best is just out of reach.

So nobody has any idea what could be causing the F119 engines to throttle themselves down when i pitch the aircraft up? It happens when I add them to the Aries 4a but I can't seem to replicate it on the on the Haldeman.

At first I thought it was mechjeb but none of the modules seemed to be active.

Edited by Der Kosmos

...yes it does. It's TT's flight mods that often don't.

Or do you mean that it overwrites stock files? It doesn't use ModuleManager, true, but that's nothing to do with .20 or the GameData folder, and there's fixes to TVPP to make it use ModuleManager anyway.