[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Sure thing! If it has wings I can fly it (Flying into the ground still counts as flying)

Ok thanks, Send a pm with the email where you want me to send the craft file. Ill send the information about everything with it.

Hi, Please help. Installing B9 on my old install worked fine, and everything worked...but due to old and outdated mods and having a messy bunch of files of forgotten purpose, I chose to completely reinstall KSP.

So far, all I have installed is KSP, MechJeb, and B9. But NO MATTER WHAT I DO, when I load up the game, most of the B9 parts don't have proper context menus. For example...the Strugatsky (large plane with cargo doors that comes with B9) loads up missing most of its control groups...and when I go into the action groups screen, most of the parts don't have their proper clickable buttons that would allow me to assign them. Whenever I click the cargo bays, there are NO options to open/close it. etc.

PS.............. I merged all the necessary folders in the right places. As I said before. The install works, but I only get the full features on the older version (all the parts are there on both, but I only get functionality on the install I did on the old/non 21.1 install).

Another example is with any of the VTOL craft. You have to use control groups for them, and since the normal options don't come up, I can't use them at all.

Another thing I've noticed is that NONE of the popup boxes show up anymore, like the ones that show up when clicking a cargo bay door in the control-group screen, or when using the "data chip" part that brings up a message every time you hit the launchpad.

I've done everything I can think of and have reinstalled everything multiple times, and I can't find a post anywhere about it. Anyone know what's going on?

TLDR: For some reason, B9 action groups only work on old install, but not on any new installs.

Your download was corrupt, redownload, and make sure the file sizes match....

Yeah I tried to redownload it several times without succes, I even updated WinRaR later but still no success :/

Yeah I tried to redownload it several times without succes, I even updated WinRaR later but still no success :/

I have also have had this problem in the past. I started to use FlashGet as a download manager and that fixed my issues. It allowed me to download the file correctly and faster. To use it it is a pain because you cannot copy the link from the spaceport directly. Get the link from the failed download from your browser. Firefox and Chrome store the link for failed and finished files even if the download was incomplete or corrupt. Paste the link inside FlashGet and no more failed downloads. Good luck and best wishes...

you could try building drop pods using the cargo bays

Edit: i only got the idea to do that after realizing that and checking that no one else has done it and it actually does work too

Edited by Helix935

Any chance of getting longer LFO tanks to match the long fuselage sections to cut the strut count?

I second this notion!

(Hey, is "Reply With Quote" broken for anyone else? I'm having to copy-paste these.)

How did you get it to work, I can get it to load properly if its the only mod. When I running it with all my other mods I loose cargo bays, lights, and all or at least most of the fuselage parts. Any known conflicts ? I have not been able to figure out which mod it might be after lots of palying around.

Mods:

B9

Mechjeb

KSPX

RW

FusTek

Quantum struts

ID Struts

KW

Mobius

NovaPunch

Subassembly

Core Anvil

Kosmos

Romfarer

I'm having a slight issue with this modification causing frequent CTDs.

Just browsing around in the VAB or SPH, when suddenly the part icons don't load...

LwrNFhZ.jpg

and the beachball of death appears. (Mac OS 10.7.5)

Most frequent offender is page 2 of Structural, but Utility just gave me this problem as well.

This only happens with this mod (and I've had many crashes while loading the game itself up that never happened before I installed this mod).

Just browsing around in the VAB or SPH, when suddenly the part icons don't load...

You're running out of video RAM. Go into KSP settings and turn your texture resolution down to "half" and that should solve the problem. (If not, keep turning it down until it does.)

I have a 1GB GPU, you're kidding

Nope! 1GB is fine for stock, but once you start adding mods, you need 2GB or better, or you need to lower your texture resolution. (I had this very same problem on my destop w/ 1GB Raedon card, but my laptop with 2GB of vRAM can run at full texture res.)

Is there a problem with the spaceport for this right now? I've just tried to re-download B9 3 times in a row and it has shown up as a corrupt file every time. Using WinRAR to try and open.

It seems to just quit downloading about 40MB into the transfer. It's happened all 3 times in a row, and I have a stable connection right now. ;.;

Edited by Barklight

Does this happen with any other websites? It could well be spaceport, but it could also be that your internet connection drops just enough to interrupt the download. A dedicated download manager can work around this if it continues.

Also, there's a mediafire mirror link in the first post of the thread. Try that. :)