Forum Security and Protection systems

RayneCloud

Or why do I get moderated?

1. We're using a plug in called "Spam-o-matic" that has been set to scan any and all new user registrations and accounts upon creation, and temporarily after registration.

2. Usergroup promotions is a system that automatically moves a user from one usergroup to another when certain conditions have been met. This is to make sure that anything that manages to get past spam-o-matic gets' caught by our moderation team.

All new users are vetted via spam-o-matic, then are set into "Curious George" user group which is moderated and has less permissions for you first 3 posts. Once you've made 4 posts (it used to be more we lowered it) and we've made sure there's no other issues, the system automatically moves you into a trusted usergroup with more permissions and you're all set.

-DR KSP CM

Does this explain why when I click on aLeXmOrA's post "KSP Forums and SpacePort are back..." on the right side of the main forum page, I get this message:

thenbagis, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Ehmm...

Did you delete Media Group forum? I can't see it and when I'm going through link it shows me notification:

"Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Edit: Also I saw, that I have lost my avatar, signature and all posts. What happened? I wasn't here for few weeks.

Edited by Reeposter

All new users are vetted via spam-o-matic, then are set into "Curious George" user group which is moderated and has less permissions for you first 3 posts.

Don't you think it's not really fair to the forum members whose accounts have been lost as a result of the recent forum crash?

The measure is in place to prevent spambots from colonizing these forums and you having to browse through tonnes of useless threads. It's just three (or four) posts and after that you're good to go.

Don't you think it's not really fair to the forum members whose accounts have been lost as a result of the recent forum crash?
Don't worry, you were never going to be recognised on the street and showered with hot girls as a result of your rank on the KSP forums... just sayin'! Edited by Liquid

Don't worry, you were never going to be recognised on the street and showered with hot girls as a result of your rank on the KSP forums... just sayin'!

You don't know that! Jeb is an amazing wingman! :rolleyes:

This leaves me wondering as to how much of a pain it is to go through all those messages and approve them.

How many people do you have approving this stuff? It sounds like a full time job.

If you go to the bottom if the index page you see a link 'view site leaders' or something similar to that. All moderators are listed there :)

• 3 weeks later...

Google flags the main site kerbalspaceprogram.com for security certificate issues. This will be fixed I presume ...

kerbalspaceport.com has add-ons that require you to go to another site to get the extra files you need. i find this to be a security risk. Are file add-ons vetted to insure user security?

The emotes are cool btw ... :)