Robotic Arms mod

Rockhem

It would probably have been better to ask this in IRC or something, but yes, they work. I am currently using them. As far as I know, it doesnt require the lazors mod, but does run on the lazor dll, which comes with the pack.

Edited by gompasta

The damned robotics stuff is not without issues, and I'm not aware of a Canadarm mod other than the one linked.

I haven't used the arms much yet, so can't speak for their stability, but I have way too much experience with the docking gymnastics you get using Damned Robotics to dock two craft.

The robotic arm pack gave me nothing but trouble.

Launch towers exploded as soon as the released and it gave me extreme lag as it increased the physics radius from 2,5 km to 50!!! And only had the mod installed. I didn't even have any of the arms in flight anywhere. After removing every part related to the mod everything went back normal.

If you use the dll from the lazor pack ( you don't need the lazor parts, I don't have them ) there's a dialog to set the loading distance again. Until I found that out I had three stations & a whole bunch of stuff permanently loaded, and even launching was hard at certain times given two were below 99km...

I use both arms frequently, haven't really had problems with them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.