TAC Fuel Balancer-DISCONTINUED

TaranisElsu

Hey all! Funny thing happened. The fuel balancer bugged during mid flight and has been refusing to open from the toolbar ever since. I am running all sorts of mods, but I haven't made any changes recently and the balancer has been working fine until now. Did you see something like this?

EDIT: Nevermind, did a reinstall and its working fine!

EDIT2: To clarify, I reinstalled the mod and not the game.

Edited by Trebiane

I'm currently getting spammed with rebuild messages like those (there are thousands of them in the full log which I saved if you need it):

[LOG 14:04:31.169] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][536.84]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:31.195] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][537.00]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:31.216] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][537.08]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:31.905] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][539.80]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:31.926] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][539.88]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:33.163] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][544.84]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:33.183] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][544.92]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:34.420] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][549.88]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:34.440] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][549.96]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:35.210] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][552.92]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:35.259] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][553.16]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:35.693] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][554.92]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:35.709] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][555.00]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:38.192] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][564.92]: Rebuilding resource lists.
[LOG 14:04:38.209] Tac.FuelBalanceController[FFFAD52E][565.00]: Rebuilding resource lists.

And everyone else posting bug reports: I need the full log file and a full mod list before I can even begin to figure out what is going on.

For it to rebuild the resource list, something must be changing the number of parts, the current flight state, or the current active vessel. So what happened before that? Or what other mod is causing it?

Trebiane: same thing, I have not seen that happen to me. Give me more information: full log file and a full list of mods.

Please also include your OS version.

• 2 weeks later...
And everyone else posting bug reports: I need the full log file and a full mod list before I can even begin to figure out what is going on.

For it to rebuild the resource list, something must be changing the number of parts, the current flight state, or the current active vessel. So what happened before that? Or what other mod is causing it?

Trebiane: same thing, I have not seen that happen to me. Give me more information: full log file and a full list of mods.

Please also include your OS version.

Damn... First I overlooked your response and when I now wanted to get the log file to post it here I discovered that I had accidentially deleted it few days ago. Sorry...

Aaand I have to admit that I switched over to ShipManifest+Goodspeed AutoPump since whatever caused the constant rebuilding of the resource lists gave me a performance hit, so you may forget about this problem...

Got it to work, kindof, downloaded the uncompiled file for some reason(mainly lack of sleep), but now with the dll it just shows a new FB button that does nothing, not the TAC refuel one.

Edited by Crimor

Yep confirmed TAC Fuel Balancer does not work for some reason. I had it working before I uninstalled everything and reinstalled KSP.

Would you confirm that you have the right file? It should be named "TacFuelBalancer_2.3.0.2.zip". You can download it from here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacFuelBalancer/releases

If that is correct, then please please please upload your log file somewhere that I can look at it. "It doesn't work" does not give me anything to start from.

Got it to work, kindof, downloaded the uncompiled file for some reason(mainly lack of sleep), but now with the dll it just shows a new FB button that does nothing, not the TAC refuel one.

Please please please upload your log file somewhere that I can look at it. "It doesn't work" does not give me anything to start from. Also, confirm that everything is installed in {KSP}/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacFuelBalancer.

Would you confirm that you have the right file? It should be named "TacFuelBalancer_2.3.0.2.zip". You can download it from here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacFuelBalancer/releases

If that is correct, then please please please upload your log file somewhere that I can look at it. "It doesn't work" does not give me anything to start from.

Please please please upload your log file somewhere that I can look at it. "It doesn't work" does not give me anything to start from. Also, confirm that everything is installed in {KSP}/GameData/ThunderAerospace/TacFuelBalancer.

Trying that link you have given and see if that fixes it.

Yeah. None of your mods work. Parts appear, but nothing else.

I do not know how to post logs, or even if there are logs.

you do have modulemanager, right?

on another note: can't seem to find this mod on curse, searching for 'tac' only brings up lifesupport...

The mods work perfectly fine, on top of that they work perfectly fine. You are probably not doing something right.

You need Blizzy's Toolbar to see Fuel Balancer. You also need it for LS, but it should show up with a warning the first time you fire up the game after installation too.

You are not installing them correctly. Give us screenshots.

So this is how I installed them, as per the instructions: http://imgur.com/ZM4iBwP,R1InSxY#0 The second image is in ThunderAerospace.

Did you download the "release" off the Releases page and not the "source"? You should have downloaded the TacFuelBalancer_2.3.0.2.zip from here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacFuelBalancer/releases. Would you be more descriptive than "it doesn't work"? Is nothing showing up? Is it causing problems? Also, please upload a log file somewhere* that I can see it. That always reveals a lot of information for me that helps when trying to help you.

Blizzy's Toolbar is not required for any of my mods. It should fall back to using my icon if it cannot find the toolbar. ModuleManager is required though for TAC Life Support.

I noticed that you also downloaded my TacFlightComputer. I have not released that one yet so you will have to compile the source yourself. Do you know how to do that? TacReactionWheels (i.e. TacMiscParts) is just some parts so that one should be working fine, but it also requires ModuleManager.

BTW, I tried to upload the rest of my mods to Curse and they rejected them :(. They apparently don't like "See the forum" as the entirety of the description. I need to find the time to write up good descriptions for all of them. SoonTM

* Good places to upload the log file include: Dropbox, Pastebin, Hastebin, and more.

Did you download the "release" off the Releases page and not the "source"? You should have downloaded the TacFuelBalancer_2.3.0.2.zip from here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacFuelBalancer/releases. Would you be more descriptive than "it doesn't work"? Is nothing showing up? Is it causing problems? Also, please upload a log file somewhere* that I can see it. That always reveals a lot of information for me that helps when trying to help you.

Blizzy's Toolbar is not required for any of my mods. It should fall back to using my icon if it cannot find the toolbar. ModuleManager is required though for TAC Life Support.

I noticed that you also downloaded my TacFlightComputer. I have not released that one yet so you will have to compile the source yourself. Do you know how to do that? TacReactionWheels (i.e. TacMiscParts) is just some parts so that one should be working fine, but it also requires ModuleManager.

BTW, I tried to upload the rest of my mods to Curse and they rejected them :(. They apparently don't like "See the forum" as the entirety of the description. I need to find the time to write up good descriptions for all of them. SoonTM

* Good places to upload the log file include: Dropbox, Pastebin, Hastebin, and more.

What log file? There is no log file. Not that I can see.

Regarding the Life Support: The parts show up, but the life support functionality doesn't show up.

Regarding the releases page: I don't see any "Release" anywhere.

The log doesn't say anything about TAC. I don't think it's detecting the mods.

Edited by keizerdoc

Regarding the Life Support: The parts show up, but the life support functionality doesn't show up.

Your log file resides in your KSP install directory under KSP_Data and it's called output_log.txt , like so;

9BJxlPh.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the above link's web page, I see release several times.

XEt0W8W.jpg

Also, this is the TAC Fuel Balancer thread not the TAC Life Support thread which is here, as someone who reads the threads and searches them for answers I would appreciate if you could keep your discussion relevant to the threads topic.

Thanks

The log doesn't say anything about TAC. I don't think it's detecting the mods.

This is what I meant by click "Releases": (Every repository on Github has a Releases page)

ghDQPNU.png

Download the latest release file:

cTLmdrY.png

The log file should be in {KSP}/KSP_Data/output_log.txt unless you are using Linux or Mac. Then it is somewhere different, and I forget where. I think that then you look for KSP.log in the {KSP} directory? Replace {KSP} with your install location, so if using Steam, {KSP} = c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\KSP (or something like that, I am not using the Steam version).

Also, this is the TAC Fuel Balancer thread not the TAC Life Support thread which is here, as someone who reads the threads and searches them for answers I would appreciate if you could keep your discussion relevant to the threads topic.

keizerdoc is having trouble with all of them, which is why the other mods are being discussed. And thanks for helping answer questions, I really appreciate it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.