[20/11/2014][0.25] FTmN Atomic Rockets

Kommitz

I actually like Blender, the way it forces you to learn shortcuts to do everything is good for workflow really, although the lack of smoothing groups is really weird/annoying coming from 3DSMax.

Can't recall what version added it but you can set specific faces/edges/vertices to be smooth or sharp without having to apply the edge split modifier (you still need one I think) or fiddle with changing your split angles. Not quite on par with smoothing groups but it's so much better than what it used to be.

Wwy2NGU.png in Edit mode.

Hey Kommitz, I've been using these for a long time now, still do.

One thing poped in .25 tho, the 280 engine has a white texture. So far it is the only piece that does it.

Maybe it's an easy fix, but I wouldn't know.

Let me (us) know if/when it's fixed (or anyone for that matter if you manage to fix it).

Nevermind it fixed it on it's own. must've been a .25 thingie.

Good work on this mod and thanks for keeping it updated!

Edit2: and now the problem is back... only piece doing it is the 280 engine.

No Idea man. Would appreciate if you have time that you give it a look as it is most likely something minor.

Thanks

Edited by Francois424
back again

One thing poped in .25 tho, the 280 engine has a white texture. So far it is the only piece that does it.

Let me (us) know if/when it's fixed (or anyone for that matter if you manage to fix it).

No Idea man. Would appreciate if you have time that you give it a look as it is most likely something minor.

Thanks

What do you mean a 'white texture'? Is there any shading at all or is it flat coloured? Screenshot?

I really can't think of what it could be on my end because they're just parts and they're working fine for me. It's likely a texture mod issue or maybe a mishap if you've installed a new version over an old.

I really can't think of what it could be on my end because they're just parts and they're working fine for me.

It's because you're using tga textures.

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Better use another format.

Thanks

Are you using Active Texture Management? If so, it can happen sometimes but I thought this had been fixed with one of the new updates.

Thanks

What do you mean a 'white texture'? Is there any shading at all or is it flat coloured? Screenshot?

I really can't think of what it could be on my end because they're just parts and they're working fine for me. It's likely a texture mod issue or maybe a mishap if you've installed a new version over an old.

It's because you're using tga textures.

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Better use another format.

I'm going with Slumpie on this. There's an issue with .tga in KSP 0.25 The problem seems to happen randomly. I've never seen it affect the normal or specular maps though. Only the diffuse. Imagine using a diffuse texture of all white and that's what it looks like.

I don't believe it affects all tga though. It might depend on what compression option you went with during Unity export. Or that last part might totally be an illusion created by the random nature of the problem. Load up the game one time and all tga textures might work. Load it up another time and some might fail. There might or might not be errors associated. (I thought there were but then I saw the errors for parts whose tga textures loaded fine)

• 3 weeks later...

Bumpu postu~

New parts on KerbalStuff!

A change from how the parts used to be, but you can just edit the .cfgs if you're really not a fan of it.

More parts coming (including the tiny nuke, and the hexagonal ones I showed off months ago and a plug nozzle engine :o), I just wanted to release these as it's been so long since the last update.

Edit: I'll give the old parts one final update by converting their textures to MBM (when I find them). They'll just stay on mediafire if anyone wants to pick them up still.

Bumpu postu~

A change from how the parts used to be, but you can just edit the .cfgs if you're really not a fan of it.

More parts coming (including the tiny nuke, and the hexagonal ones I showed off months ago and a plug nozzle engine :o), I just wanted to release these as it's been so long since the last update.

Edit: I'll give the old parts one final update by converting their textures to MBM (when I find them). They'll just stay on mediafire if anyone wants to pick them up still.

Wow the new texture quality! They look incredible :o

Bumpu postu~

I'll give the old parts one final update by converting their textures to MBM (when I find them). They'll just stay on mediafire if anyone wants to pick them up still.

awesome, the new engines are great, but i prefer the look of the old ones, especially that heat tint on the large engine...

can you give the old engines the new FX and sounds? they are a big improvement.

Nice! The new engines look much cleaner and more consistent in their design.

Like it, even though i have a weak spot for the old big nuke and it's convoluted retrofuturelike design. Looking forward to the hexagonal engines for the same reason.

edit: Still seem to be quite useful with the new config. The price's are extremly high, tho. Cost isn't important for reusable or recoverable craft, but it limits versatility.

E.g. I don't think an FTmN400 really justifies being much more expensive than a mainsail. Ships using the latter for long range missions would be more cost-efficiently (not to mention skipper's, ARM-engines).

Similar results when comparing the less performant but cheaper KW-rocketry engines. A 23k kw craft+crago can get as much milage as a 45k FTmN craft.

Edited by Temeter

Is anyone else having installation problems? I've restarted KSP three times, and find that mods aren't detected. Are they only intended for Sandbox mode?

EDIT: Hah, nevermind--I rennamed the mod folder for organizational reasons, guess the parts didn't like that. :D

Edited by Synthesis

EDIT: Hah, nevermind--I rennamed the mod folder for organizational reasons, guess the parts didn't like that. :D

Yep. The parts are dependent on a lot of filepaths being in the right places as I've got a texture sheet that's shared between the models.

E.g. I don't think an FTmN400 really justifies being much more expensive than a mainsail. Ships using the latter for long range missions would be more cost-efficiently (not to mention skipper's, ARM-engines).

Similar results when comparing the less performant but cheaper KW-rocketry engines. A 23k kw craft+crago can get as much milage as a 45k FTmN craft.

Hmm, I'll do some balancing next update. I did a bit of testing just building things in the VAB but I don't play the game that often these days so I'm not that clued up on how career mode is.

Edit: I've done a bit of haphazard balancing and realised I mis-specced the FTmN 180. Oops. Anyway, I'll finish up my little hexagonal engine tomorrow and put out an update.

Edited by Kommitz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.