Show off your awesome KSP Pictures-Presented By Venku Rocketry International

venku122

How long should the next Screenshot montage be?  

1,783 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the next Screenshot montage be?

First landing with a simple outstanding view!

6312295839_8b6289e4a0_o.jpg

Great shot, Lorenzo.

I did my second mission half an hour ago, and intended exactly to land near the terminator for better visibility and scenery... then I chickened out and aimed for the big mare just downrange.

The ironic bit is that I ended up right on the lip of the mare, in a quite rugged area... but the terrain engine makes almost everything seem oh-so-smooth from 5 km up ^^ (Harv will have to work on that ^^)

The even more strange thing is that my fifties-style lander didn\'t topple, for the second time in a row, and just settled down beautifully :)

secondamissione.jpg

ScreenShot331.png

Single stage.

Enough fuel for return.

Yes, I know C7 fuel tanks aren\'t particularly balanced for space. Shush. I know I can get that dV capability on stock, I wanted to try land it at a reasonable size before I moved on.

Also, that looks so much more awesome than it would in stock.

Reminds me of the Tintin episode 'Explorers on the Moon'.

After accidentally lithobraking on my first approach, I actually managed to enter an orbit around the moon on my second attempt. Then I thought I\'d be really clever and orbit at treetop height - hey, no air, right? Too bad about those granitocumulus... Second shot shows the result of my 400m orbit when it met a 500m mountain :).

First 'landing'...has something very kerbal-ish to it.

screenshot2bg7o4.png

First successful landing! Sadly there wasn\'t enough fuel to return home.

screenshot4r272e.png

Lift-off on my first successful flight to the Mün and back. Very similar spacecraft to the previous mission. Notice the jettisoned winglets/landing legs to reduce weight and the absence of RCS, again to reduce weight.

screenshot5y97b9.png