Refreshing a part's config without rebooting KSP?

Editing the .cfg files in a given part is a great mechanism. However, changing a value by a tiny amount and then exiting and reloading KSP (which takes quite a while with novapunch etc installed) really increases the time to see what effect it's had.

Is there a way to refresh/reload a part within KSP without restarting the whole game? Or is there a mod that changes parts properties at runtime, and then you could make the update in the .cfg file once the values are confirmed as good?

Thx

Before the great forum oops, there was a thread discussing a mod that could reload a specific part without reloading everything, but I didn't track it down in time, sorry. Maybe someone else knows where it's at.

I didn't heard of one unfortunately, depending on how KSP structures its memory it could be pretty hard to make one. Could be wrong thou :P

What i do is copy the KSP folder with stock parts only (for faster loading) and test many iterations of the same part at once during one launch by creating many clones with different values.

• 3 months later...

You can try going to space center or main menu and press alt+F12 for debug console, there under "database" you should get "reload all" button that updates all parts.

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
You can try going to space center or main menu and press alt+F12 for debug console, there under "database" you should get "reload all" button that updates all parts.

That "reload all" is exactly what I want it avoid is there a way to only reload a specific folder? (cause some mods don't like to be reloaded)

thanks

That "reload all" is exactly what I want it avoid is there a way to only reload a specific folder? (cause some mods don't like to be reloaded)

thanks

The short answer to your question is no. Unfortunately if you want to reload, you have to reload it all.

Beyond that, this thread is really old, and the info in it may not even apply to current versions of the game. Closing it now to avoid confusion.

Edited by Claw