What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

So, what did you do in KSP today? I'm working on my project to touch down on every object in the system without mechjeb, so everything is done by hand. I launched a rocket (Project D-Man)to Duna yesterday and today I landed on Duna . After taking off, I realized that I could land on Ike too. This way I don't have to visit the Duna-system again. However - it seems I did a slight miscalculation and only reached Ike orbit....with a 30 km apoapsis.

So, I converted a space-tug I had in storage into a interplanetary towing service and left for Duna. Yeah, it has mechjeb, because I did all the landing allready and its better than just leaving my faithfull kerbals in Ike orbit (my project - my rules :wink: ). So both ships met in Ike-orbit, where I accidently triggered the last stage seperator on D-Man just after docking. However after a few months of waiting for the right planetary alignment - the D-Man capsule is on its way home :D And yes, I did not have to attend any lectures today - so there was plenty of time for KSP ;)

So, what about you?

I have done absolutely nothing today, school got in the way.

very exciting isn't it

Ditto, except work. I miss the days when it was school, though, I had a lot fewer bills and a lot less stress (although at the time I wouldn't have believed it) back then. *Sigh*...

I devised a single-launch four-vessel Minmus Kethane mining operation, and then I launched it. The Kethane rig is currently drilling away, supplying me with loads of extra fuel that I'm sure I'll never put to any real use. I just like Kethane mining.

I watched as two solar panels from some unknown catastrophe reenter the atmosphere. Then, I placed a probe in a high Munar orbit, and also decided to experiment with recording videos. As a result, I have my first

! :D

I completed my Duna base and sent them a manned rover. Then I sat and pondered on what to do next, made an Eve lander probe and didn't like the design so I scrapped it all :confused:

I really look forward to Career mode...

I tested my LANTR tug and tried to get it to orbit. It didn't make it to orbit.

D1WQDBo.jpg

Next I tested my prototype SABRE. I then strapped two SABREs on a Skylon-like plane. It didn't fly.

V8H3RHZ.jpg

And then I give up. :rolleyes:

Edited by Giggleplex777

Next I tested my prototype SABRE. I then strapped two SABREs on a Skylon-like plane. It didn't fly.

And then I give up. :rolleyes:

I'll take up on that research then! :confused:

EDIT: I made a post about your idea for the sabre engines, I found a way to make them work :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/29572-Stock-sabre-engines%21?p=365684#post365684

Edited by erkha343

What I have done? Try to figure out how to get my Griffin close enough to the Orion to dock, and had two failures with my J-2. The first one it span out of control, and the second one the capsule disappeared after switching to debris, and not being able to switch back. Bermuda Triangle anyone?

Today, I constructed a massive scaffolding launcher around the lower half of my Station in LKO. This part is all docking ports and fuel tank bays with a habitation module in it. The habitation module is merely for looks as far as I know, but it works! This technique worked on the upper half, hopefully the extra length(pokes through the top of the VAB) doesn't lead to disaster.